Black Box and or Positive Ions

A friend of mine has a Black Box that is connected to all of his riggers. It is an adjustable way to add some electrical current to your downrigger cables. He swears by it, and does catch fish. Scotty, and Cannon has done some research on this topic also. So far I'm neutral on this subject. I'm just curious how this group feels about this topic. We just kicked around the E-Chip device, and this may be somewhat along the same lines. Pile on.:)

I've been using the black box for the past 6 seasons. I haven't noticed any increase or decrease on catch ratios.

I stopped using the box last yr. with the black box you will need to keep a milivolt/voltage meter on hand to dial in the proper voltage for diffrent spieces.

I personaly have had a higher catch ratio since I started using Fool-A-Fish on spoons and flies a few yrs ago.

Personal tests durring a couple of tournies on Champlain in VT. had results of F-A-F sprayed spoons outfished plain spoons 8/1 up to 12/1.. I haven't looked back since. Everything gets sprayed with F-A-F

Brian

I have read up on the subject a few years back and it sounded alright if your boat or riggers created a wierd charge. I have talked with atleast a dozen different people who have used this and most all said that they couldnt tell a difference. Hey if it does work we should build some reels with the positive ion technology built in for running wire divers! Opps theres my million dollar idea...

I have been experimenting with the ion control/elecrical voltage and the e-chips. The pulse is very small on a e-chip, in my opinion not enough to draw fish in, or at least not salmon. I think the rattling of the chip does most of the attracting. According to some studies sharks can sense a heart beat 500 miles away, I havn't found any studies on salmon. I'm convinced the science behind negitive and positive elecrical current to attract or repel is real, but water disipates the electrical current, which leads me to belive you do not use the science to attract fish, you use it to eliminate negative voltage which repels fish. If you have stray voltage running down your downrigger wires that is negativly charged you may want to find where the electicity is coming through and have better grounding or add a black box .

According to some studies sharks can sense a heart beat 500 miles away,

Wow..A heartbeat for 500 miles? I think with the millions (if not billions) of fish in that radius the poor shark would go crazy! No wonder they're so pissed off!!! :grin::eek::D