Took my boat out this am for a shakedown cruise, my kids had the day off for end of marking period so I had a good crew. We launched at the Benton Harbor DNR launch. The river is still high and fast, but the water level in front of Tackle Haven was only 2 foot, might be a problem when the river level drops back to normal.

No problems with the boat, the new fish finder/GPS worked great too (Lowrance 522C) We fished south of the piers from 8-11 am. Only had one hit, about 9 am, the fish did not stay on long. We stayed in shallow, water temps were 35-37 degrees. It is still a bit early, should pick up soon.

Thanks for the report. other then being shallow was there any logs or stumps etc. as they tend to collect at the basin of the river out from the launch and Brians Marina. I belive they will drege this in April. Want to go out next sunday but dont want to tear up my lower unit.

Had to be a good feeling having a boat seat under your butt again. I heard there was a deeper channel that was at least 5' further out towards the center of the river from tackle haven.

Took this information from a friend that there are a set of Markers in the channel in St. Joe between the train bridge and the high bridge as you are heading out marking a buried cable that has floated up from the bottom. It is in the middle of the chanel from the discription I got. So Use caution. especially if going down river in the dark.

Took this information from a friend that there are a set of Markers in the channel in St. Joe between the train bridge and the high bridge as you are heading out marking a buried cable that has floated up from the bottom. It is in the middle of the chanel from the discription I got. So Use caution. especially if going down river in the dark.

Correct, the main channel under the Blossomland bridge (the 2nd bridge closest to the train bridge) has a utility cable that came up. Just use one of the other sides, water level is good in that section. It is well marked.

how far down the river did the shallow water go, im asking becouse my old islander has the old stringer system in it. so if i tilt the lower unit up becouse it is in the sand it will have no power till it is all the way back down, I DO NOT WANT TO GET STUCK IN THE SAND