nice site,lots of good info

stumbled across site a few days ago. great site with lots of info. another small boat lake michigan fisherman. my boat a lund 1800 fisherman. fish the wilmette evanston area on the west side of lake michigan by chicago. a common run for me out here is about 6-7 miles for 60 ft of water.

been out ice fishing a lot earlier this year but not open water in the boat. with this warm weather I am going to be uncovering the boat and starting up the outboards real soon. Ive heard reports of cohos at gary light house in Indiana. I usually just fish out of wilmette and may take a trip in mid april to waukegan for perch and browns by the warm water discharge area.they dont get the piers in in evanston,wilmette area till first week of May.

A very warm welcome to you Gene. Let us know if you need any help.

I fish out of my 22 Starcraft Islander Hardtop. Most of my fishing is done out of AuGres MI on the Saginaw Bay. We target mostly walleye there. I do wander West for some Salmon Slammin a few times a year. I'm retired, so when the weather suits me, I will fish 5-6 days in a row. :)

Welcome Gene. You are correct in your assessment that this is a great site with lots of info. I also fish out of a small boat. Last year was my first full year salmon fishing on the Great Lakes. With all of the help from this site, it turned out to be a very successful one.

Ask any questions you have about salmon fishing. You will be suprised by how many experienced fisherman will answer you.

this is my 4th season in the boat. fished from shore since the 70s", but most of the shore spots are gone,and the slit and lake levels have changed so much since the 70s the spots are filled with sand or are only 3 ft deep. after the first year fishing the lake in a boat I know know why its called a great lake. nothing like hearing the drag getting peeled off a dipsy rod, fish on.