just out of curiousity?

I was just curious as it came up as sort of a joke the other day between me and my buddy, but it got me wondering. Do any charter captains out there hire 1st or 2nd mates, you know guys to help set lines, cut fish, and keep up on boat maintenance for the summer, or does everyone run there own private deal and do all that stuff themselves. just curious, because it sure would make an interesting summer job:D

Tight lines

I was just curious as it came up as sort of a joke the other day between me and my buddy, but it got me wondering. Do any charter captains out there hire 1st or 2nd mates, you know guys to help set lines, cut fish, and keep up on boat maintenance for the summer, or does everyone run there own private deal and do all that stuff themselves. just curious, because it sure would make an interesting summer job:D

Tight lines

There are alot of charter captains that have matets!! I only know of a couple that dont but when your running 12 or more rods it makes it alot easier with a mate!!

Scott

Most Charters have the Capt. and at least one mate. Even with auto pilot there needs to be someone on the helm when it gets crowded. I thought mates had to have some certification, like a captain, only to a lesser degree. :)

Edited by Priority1

It's kind of scary. They drug test first mates, but not brain surgeons. mmm

Sounds like a great summer job though!

They will even let you be president.......as long as you dont inhale! :lol: