Grand Rapids Ultimate Sport Show

GLF

I will be there today Fri for a few hours with a friend. Was planning on skipping it this year as I don't need can't afford much and I know I will get lured into something I can't say no to. So anyhow the long haired bearded freak will be wandering around I will try and say hi to a few guys.

Was at the show lastnight. Beware of the product salesmen that think they are fishermen. I actually had a Dreamweaver rep Say to me Yeh,(talking about spin doctors) this are just out and they are Hot. And I said , If they just came out, how do you know they are hot. And he actually said, well we had a similar one last year but this is a little different, and I said were is the one that was hot last year, and he said we dont have that one and I said why not and he turened and gave the guy behind me the same speech. I felt like I was at the Allegan county fair. Also I felt that there were absolutly no deals at the show. I can buy all that I bought online and pay shipping and get just as good of a deal. I hate to be negative but sometimes that is what honesty is about.

I went to the show yesterday and found some great deals on reels and tackle and talked to some really great people. All of the sales reps I talked to were very helpfull. The show is for the most part the same every year but if you know what your after and good at a little haggling than it can be very productive. I just wish I could of brought the baby bear home with me cause it was precious.. I just wouldnt be able to afford feeding it after a few months.

Im glad it was a good expirence for you . I think I have gone for so many years now that it has lost some of its luster. I Met some good people that were in the Hunting guide services and had some great conversations as well.

It was a good show overall. I didn't find too many deals, though.. I found it funny that one booth were selling rods for $5 more than what they had them advertised in the catalog they were giving out..

We had a good time. It was good seeing old friends and meeting a couple of new ones!

Medic I was not there very long but thought most of the prices were kinda high. I was there because a friend of mine wanted a new fishfinder GPS unit and wanted my opinion. After looking at what was available and comparing prices he went with the suggestion from the humminbird rep and ordered one from Bass Pro Shops. Several places had a buy 5 get 1 free deal but the one had prices so high I could buy all 6 at the local bait shop and save money. All in all a good show and there were a lot of bargins to be had just none I needed so I got a free Daredevil for being one of the first 500 for the day and saved my money.

It wasnt a bad show this year and as far as prices take a ride to the tackle shop and take a look at prices this year. It is amazing how much stuff went up over the last year.There were some good deals if you were in the market for certain items. i did pick up some of the aces high j's to try out this year. only a buck off but better the full price. Nobody is giving deals like they used to with the shape the economy is in. Did see a lot of old friends and made some new ones. Thanks to the guys on here that stopped by the MUCC booth and chatted for a while. It felt like the crowd was down from last year. we were hoping they would have attendance numbers out sunday but they didn't. Anyways another year of shows is done, now it is time to start getting the baot ready to go in to the water.