2009 Great Lakes Fisherman Challenge

GLF

The last 2 years, I have run a Stinger Challenge on Lake Michigan. I have brought on more sponsors for this years event. Michigan Stinger, Pro-Troll, Silver Horde, and Siggs Rigs will be sponsoring this years event. This years event, and all future events(except a possible Lake Huron Stinger Challenge), will be named the Great Lakes Fisherman Challenge.

This years lure package will consist of:

2 Pro-Troll flashers

6 Stingray size Stinger spoons(1 will be a Nitro)

2 Silver Horde plugs

2 Siggs Rigs flies.

I will post a couple of rules for those who are not familiar with the format.

• Everyones lure package will be identical. Same baits, same sizes, and same colors!
  • Everyone is limited to 6 lines in the water. You may not have more than 6 lines in the water. You may attach sliders to these lines.
  • You can not doctor the appearance of the baits you receive in your lure package. You are allowed to change the hooks.
  • You can weigh in 5 fish, but are not allowed to have more than 10 fish in your possesion.
  • No culling or releasing fish at the side of the boat.

This years challenge will be in August at Fishermans Landing in Muskegon.

Look for a sign up thread in the next couple of weeks.

The original date I had picked out for this was Aug 8th. I spoke with Deb at Fishermans landing again today. Now there is a powder puff, and a bass tournament also going on the same day. After the powder puff tourney, they are having a pig roast. This means it would be very crowded at the pavilion.

If I was to move this to Sunday 9 Aug, there would not be any other tournaments going on.

Does anyone have any issues with fishing this on a Sunday?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

HEY! I just found this, Sunday!!! I can fish!!!!!

I'm thinking (instead of me looking for the Sunday tourneys, if you have a Sunday tourney going on and you want another boat!! CONTACT ME!

T