Is Muskegon Lake Open

Looking at the webcam, it looks like Muskegon Lake is open. Is the lake open all of the wait to Hartshorn Marina? What about Bluffton Bay.....Can I get my boat in yet?

It wont be long now. :D

I took a drive around today did not hit the East end. Hartshorn is open and I was told boats were launched there today. The Ramp at the end of McCraken by Shoreline and the Clipper is still iced in as are the docks at the marina, The Jaycees launch by the condos is still blocked by about 150ft of shelf ice. Blufton has some ice in front and you might be able to push your way in. My boat is ready to dunk and the bill is paid so just waiting on the weather and a couple of boats to leave so I can get out. Your boat appears to be upset that you have not been up to visit in a couple weeks. I think I am going to get a buffer and spend a couple of afternoons over there getting mine cleaned up next week. Hope to see a few of you guys at Captains Gary's open house Sat.

Update yesterday Fishermans Landing was mostly open with some light ice around the docks and a bit of shelf ice floating out front. It is 51 deg here right now I have to run over near the lake tommorrow to take care of some business so I will make the rounds at a few launchs. My bet is most of them are open now also should point out the launch at Mona Lake was open the other day as well. So fishing will be going on here very soon.

I tried to get out at Snug today. Ice was 1 1/2 inches so we turned around and loaded back up it just seemed to get thicker as we went out we run down and and launched at the causeway and tried with no success for walleye. Rode out by the Big lake and lots of little bergs floating.

I was over in Wisconsin this weekend and heard that the brown trout fishing in Milwaukee Harbor was phenomenal. Guys were boating close to 100 fish per trip. Then we went up to Fond du Lac and guys still had vehicles out on Lake Winnebago. Big difference in an hours drive.

I was out on the pier at st joe sunday. Saw a few boats trollin but didn't see any action. Couple whitefish caught here and there on the pier but no browns. Gonna try again tomorrow. If nothing else at least the weather is nice.

Ok my update on ramps as of this afternoon. Fishermans landing has 1 dock in and is still iced in Thin ice in the Channel and lots of floating pack ice out front. Hartshorn is somewhat iced in and has been used but did not look like anyone went out there today as there was way more ice there today than 2 days ago. The launch by the old Clipper is still iced in all the way out to the main channel. I did not get down to the Jaycees ramp westof the paper mill but was told a few guys used it today. 1 Transducer was lost due to backing up thru the ice but they made it out. I talked to a guy at the baitshop who caught a small perch 1 perch was their total for the day. He said they were gone from Muskegon lake that they went out front into 50 FOW and several places but never marked a fish. I heard a few Steelhead and Browns were boated this weekend but no details. The peir fishing as reported by others has been fairly good.