Small boat, big adventures

Hello everyone. I have been fishing Lake Michigan, mostly Saugatuck, South Haven and St. Joe, for 6 years now with "okay" success. We also make occasional weekend trips to Lake Erie. We currently fish with an 18 ft. Lund fisherman so we really have to keep an eye on lake conditions, and choose our days wisely. I hope this site helps us key in on hot bites and bad weather. (Bad weather for an 18 ft. aluminum boat that is.) I am looking forward to any suggestions for improving my catch.

Welcome to the site Keith, there are a few of us here that fish in the South Haven Saugatuck area and we can help each other out this summer and land some nice ones. Post up a picture of your rig so we can check out your setup!

Welcome aboard Keith! Did I meet you at the D & R Sports show?

There is lots of good information and plenty of Saugatuck fishing reports posted in the fishing reports section. Dont hesitate to ask in one of the forums if you have any questions on anything.

If you need anything else, just give a holler.

Mike

Keith, A very warm welcome to you. Let us know if you need any help.

I fish mostly out of AuGres on Lake Huron and it's Saginaw Bay. Most fishermen over here concentrate on the walleye and do very well. I fish from a 22 Starcraft Islander Hardtop. I do make a few trips a year over to Lake Michigan. I sometimes go West and leave my boat here. There are a few guys here that will put up with the likes of me for a short times.:lol: WELCOME

:welcome:

Hey Kieth

I fish all of the same ports that you fish and have and done so since being a young boy. If your are in Southhaven or Saugatuck listen to chanel 10. I am always willing to give info if called but dont make alot of calls. St.Joe will be chanel 68. Generally if there is alot of chatter on the radio the fishing is good it is when it is quiet that the fishing is slow. We do pretty well out of all of these ports depending uppon the time of year. Good Luck.