Tough Bite

One of the goals of this site is to help everyone become a better fisherman. This past weekend it was a tough bite for a lot of people on the pond. What are some of the tricks that you do to help get bites on tough days like this?

I have read articles and books about people using 12lb test line. Does anyone tie on a leader with lighter line?

What about smaller baits?

Play Golf?

June is always a real tough bite on the big lake. That is why we do the Walleye event in June out of Lake Erie.

About the only thing I can add is to go deep, look for a surface break and run a bunch of high lines looking for steel to be feeding on the flies. Work the temp breaks and you maybe might have an ok day.

When the fish develope lock jaw in June, it is a perfect time to hit the river, the inland lakes and yes, go play golf! Give in about a week and the scams will be in, thermoclines will set up and the fish will get back to active feeding.

Mark

One of the goals of this site is to help everyone become a better fisherman. This past weekend it was a tough bite for a lot of people on the pond. What are some of the tricks that you do to help get bites on tough days like this?

I have read articles and books about people using 12lb test line. Does anyone tie on a leader with lighter line?

What about smaller baits?

Fish for walleyes and bluegills

They don't stop eating...they just aren't really that schooled up. Everything is just scattered in June. If you hit a pocket you will catch fish. If you don't you won't. As for me the walleye are really hitting right now and when the reports start popping agian for ol' Ludville...the too deep will be back in the water.:D

Probably why its called "fishing" not "catching"!!!!!!

June's a good month to hang out with the family on the vessel so they won't chew ya out for not spending any time with them!!!!!!

I do not believe everyone plays golf or fishese for walleyes and bluegills for the month of June :( Salmon and trout do not stop eating.

You are right Mike they don't stop eating...They just stop eating within 20+ miles from shore until you hit about manistee. You can catch fish in June if you run out to Wisconsin waters....So it is much cheaper to fish for bluegills or go golfing than it is to use all that gas to run out 20+ miles.

Just pray for a hard east or north blow and the skams will rifle up the st joe.

Tis true, June is a tough bite month. Some days it's a hit, some a miss. Try trolling with the currents, thus covering more miles per outing while maintaining down speed. Run a bunch of spoons unless you encounter a group of biters, then change up a few lines to thumpers.

Good Luck!:)

I'm just hoping that the second half of the month will shape up to be like last year in St. Joe!:D