Flint Steel Headers Show

I'm going to the Flint Steel Headers Show tomorrow, going to pick up a fe more dipsey's , thinking abut snagging some Blacks Releases, think I' like a few of them in my arsenal...

I don't know guys I don't think I'm going to get the Fishhawk probe,does anyone think I can salmon Fish successfully without one, I mean what did they do before they had probe's????

If I come into some money first, then I will get one, but what do you all think?

I want one really Bad though, but will wait.....

think I need more items ????

I was there Today and shook some hands @ the Stinger booth.

I also stopped at the Big Jon booth. I talked to John Williams and Craig. I talked to John on the phone before, but it's always nice to put a face with a name.

I didn't see the Fish Dog gang there this year.

I did meet and talk with Capt Jay from the Hudson MI area. I knew him from MS, but again, nice to put a face with a name.:)

I think it's better to go on Saturday. Last year on Saturday the Steelheaders were grilling salmon.

Robert you can get plenty of fish without a temp probe we did it for decades. The big differance is knowing right away whether or not the water is likely to be productive or not. The temp probe does not increase your catch rate it reduces the time you spend fishing non productive water. That is where you increase yor catch by increaseing the amount of time you keep lures in the hot zone. With the probe esp in late Jul and Aug you will find trapped pockets of cold water holding fish and know why they are there. Without the probe you will find yourself trolling along and you hit a fish or two then nothing for a bit then about the time you want to give up and go back where you got the last one you get another. So you keep going thinking it is a slow day but at least your are getting fish. When perhaps if you moved out or in a couple hundred yards or up or down a little to get the lures at the right temp zone it could have been a greatday.

i hardly ever run my probe any more if you got a good graph it will tell you most any thing you need to know because later in the year you will find fish out of temp alot and if you are worried about temp some one on the radio will tell you where the temp break is

You can get by without one. Don is correct about getting the information on the radio. If you want to know where the temp break is, ask on the radio if someone knows where the temp break is. I have never heard anyone not reply when someone asked where the temp break was.

Robert, You should try and get a few contacts in the area you fish (was it T.C.)

If you get in good with a few fisherman in your area, you just find out where the temp break is and go from there. I've been doing this 20+ years, and last year was the first with a probe.

If you fish in the west Michigan area I'd be glad to give you my number.

I have never had a probe and the only use I see for it is to see underwater current so I know which "speed" my spoons are running at down there.

The thermocline is very visuable on the bigger sonars, I run a Lowrance LCX112C with dual freq swinger as sonar and a Lowrance Globalmap8200c as chartplotter. Both Suzuki engines data is being shown on the Lowrance units by a EP-20 engine interface.

By some reason everyone here is running Lowrance.

Some on-topic and some off-topic, sorry for the off-topic parts lol.

/Kjell

Yes I know the probe is to eliminate unproductive water, I will ask on the radio where the temp break is, I already know many people in TC so I can talk with them. As for West Michigan...I know a few people over there Like Captain Willis from Thunderduck charters... and in Ludington I know a few people also... I just knew therehad to be people fishing with probes...And Thanks Guys for being so utterly honest with me, there's nothing like this bunch of friends I've found in this site...My Chart plotter didn't not come with the sonar boiult in, I have to buy the Airmar element and DCS 300 box and hook it up myself.. no sweat just another 1000.00, just s the word BOAT stand for.....( Bring On Another Thousand)

Very good point about the temp break, and asking for it on the radio, or seeing it on the graph. I have an older Fish Hawk, That I may not even put down, because I use the information on the graph and what I just heard on the radio. Other times when I'm clueless, it's the first thing in the water.:)

My Chart plotter didn't not come with the sonar boiult in, I have to buy the Airmar element and DCS 300 box and hook it up myself.. no sweat just another 1000.00, just s the word BOAT stand for.....( Bring On Another Thousand)

Lool thats the way it is.

And as soon as you think you have everything you´ll need, then something stops working.

tis an endless way of getting rid of money.

/Kjell

I didn't see the Fish Dog gang there this year.

Frank,

We are in the midst or restructuring to better deal with todays economy, so we can keep our prices low, and as such we decided to miss the show this year...with a little luck and improved economy, we'll be back next year

Isn't this something, she bought me a Fishhawk today the new 4x Fishhawk at that, I told her when we seen it at the show that I wanted to get it in a few months, she took it out of the case and bought it right there, WHAT A WOMAN I HAVE HERE, plus she bought 10 more spoons,Some New Stingers and new Dream Weavers Man I'm Stooked.

Thought I'd just let you all know that little Diddy...

Robert

Isn't this something, she bought me a Fishhawk today the new 4x Fishhawk at that, I told her when we seen it at the show that I wanted to get it in a few months, she took it out of the case and bought it right there, WHAT A WOMAN I HAVE HERE, plus she bought 10 more spoons,Some New Stingers and new Dream Weavers Man I'm Stooked.

Thought I'd just let you all know that little Diddy...

Robert

Every time we suggest a gismo for your boat, your wife picks it up for you. Did we mention an autopilot?

Do you think I can borrow her for a few weeks? I need a few things for my boat. :D

Hmm Autopilot.... Now that's what Maryanne is for she pilots the boat, I do also, while we're fishing, she Loves to drivve the boat.....

Oh and Mike she is tlling me to tell you guys she's a logical thinker and it didn't make sense to wait any longer, so she just picked it up and bought it, but say I'm still not going to get my Mustang that I want....And NO you cannot borrow her....She's mine and I'm keeping her. I Love My Wife.......Dearly

Hmm Autopilot.... Now that's what Maryanne is for she pilots the boat, I do also, while we're fishing, she Loves to drivve the boat.....

Whos going to drive the boat when you have 3 on at once?