Yooper Hello

Hello everyone! Great site! I have been lurking for awhile, but decided it was time to introduce myself. Im a Yooper who loves to fish salmon! Im excited for the 09 season, as my big boat will finally be fully outfitted the way I always wanted it:grin:

Welcome aboard Sean! I dont know about you, but I have the itch to be out fishing pretty bad this year. Its been a lonnnnggg winter.

Post some pictures of your boat and show us how you got it rigged.

If you need anything, dont hesitate to ask.

Mike

Welcome aboard Sean! I dont know about you, but I have the itch to be out fishing pretty bad this year. Its been a lonnnnggg winter.

Post some pictures of your boat and show us how you got it rigged.

If you need anything, dont hesitate to ask.

Mike

Thanks Mike! I agree on the long winter for sure. We started getting snow on the 14th of November and it hasn't quit. We are around 200" for the year so far. The boat pic in my avatar is mine. Its the only one I have on this puter. Pics will have to wait till spring, but I will be sure to take some when I get all my stuff rigged up. I just bought the new big jon brutes, just had the manuals before. Also bought a Radar Arch & Radar with GPS plotter. I just had a handheld before. So it will be a busy spring rigging! Anyway enough of my ramblings.

Thank goodness This is a great board but a few more yoopers can definately help it improve :) Nice to have some fellow fishermans from god's country on board.

hahaha thanks. I wish God would give us a break on the weather! Glad to be here.

Welcome Sean!

Do you fish Salmon out of Munising?

It' a beautiful area.

Yep I do. We only get about 2-4 weeks in the spring and fall for Kings, so we head to fairport the rest of the summer to fish them.

Welcome Sean. Let us know if you need any help.:)

I fish mostly out of AuGres MI. on the Saginaw Bay. I do get over to Lake Michigan a few times a year. I'm retired, and fish almost every week day. I have a 22 ft Starcraft Islander hardtop. :)

Thanks. I wish I was retired:p

Welcome Sean. Drove through Munising on my way home to Marquette yesterday. Bummer! This winter can end anytime now.

This is a great board with a lot of friendly folks. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Maybe I'll see you at Fairport this year. I'm anxious to get back on the water for sure.

Hey, it's been many years since I fished the Big Reef. You ever go out there?

Mike

Sean, Don't wish your life away. Retirement is OK except for the pay.:)

Good point!:)

Welcome to GLF. Sure do miss da UP. Good luck and may spring arrive swiftly:grin::D:P:o:)

Thanks can't come soon enough!

Welcome Sean. Drove through Munising on my way home to Marquette yesterday. Bummer! This winter can end anytime now.

This is a great board with a lot of friendly folks. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Maybe I'll see you at Fairport this year. I'm anxious to get back on the water for sure.

Hey, it's been many years since I fished the Big Reef. You ever go out there?

Mike

Nice eh! Marquette has had its share of the lake effect this year! I have fished the big reef. We don't fish it much anymore, because there are lots of fats that took over. There is a spot a bit closer called Grumps hump, and a spot right off The Au Sable light house. Most of the lakers you pick up are the nice native lakers.

I'll have to check the map for Grump's Hump. I think I looked at it before but haven't been there.

From the NWS summary page:

...THE MARQUETTE MI CLIMATE SUMMARY FOR FEBRUARY 28 2009...

CLIMATE NORMAL PERIOD 1971 TO 2000

CLIMATE RECORD PERIOD 1961 TO 2009

TEMPERATURE (F)

YESTERDAY

MAXIMUM 17

MINIMUM -8

AVERAGE 5

SNOWFALL (IN)

YESTERDAY 0.2

MONTH TO DATE 58.9

SINCE DEC 1 170.9

SINCE JUL 1 216.7