e chip

I ran several last season with good success but can't say for sure they are better I still beleive if you pass a lure in front of them they will either hit it or pass and it don't matter what it is if they want to hit it. Now on the other hand if they are not in the mood some things seem to wake them up faster and the E Chip is designed to recreate the nerve impulse of a injured baitfish which lets the Salmon know that the bait is a easy meal.

I've played with the E-chips for a while, the idea behind sending a electrical pulse of a bait fish makes sense and we did test them to see if they emit electricty. They did produce a small amount, but I'm not totally convinced such a small pulse can attract fish from a distance, studies on sharks say they can feel a heart beat from 500 miles away under the right conditions, but I didn't find anything on salmon. I do know they rattle when used so the pulse or the noise is still the debate if they are a attracting fish with electricity or not. By using them, they have not repelled fish for me, and they sure are showing up on alot of lures.

I they work the best to attract fisherman to buy them, its just one of those marketing tricks. If anything they are a rattle. In order for that device to produce enough electricity to overcome the conductivity of water it would need much more than what it has inside that little can. It may produce a small charge out of water but give me a break when it hits the water its toast. The jig is up E-CHIP.....

I dont usually go for gimicks but i think there is a little something good about them. The best fisherman I know runs a white e-chip flasher and a green glow squid on his back rigger 100% of the time and never takes it off. It is his best non leadcore rod and He swears by that combo but even he says its propbably not the e-chip that sells it to the fish so well.

I they work the best to attract fisherman to buy them, its just one of those marketing tricks. If anything they are a rattle. In order for that device to produce enough electricity to overcome the conductivity of water it would need much more than what it has inside that little can. It may produce a small charge out of water but give me a break when it hits the water its toast. The jig is up E-CHIP.....

Not so fast....

This is the information about the echip from the ProTroll website.

E-Chip

The EChip is a small tube that encases a ball and proprietary microchip crystal. The rocking of the ball agitates the microchip and it gives off a tiny electrical pulse. The EChip duplicates the electrical nerve discharge of a wounded baitfish. This discharge is detected by predator fish and they will attack. The Echip never needs charging or batteries and it doesn't wear out.

Scientists Confirm that Fish use 5 Sensory Systems to Feed

• Sight - fish have good eyesight but don't see well in poor conditions or at close range. Cloudy water, dirty water and deep dark water inhibit sight.
  • Smell - Important for some fish but scent trails are narrow and inaccurate for catching prey.
  • Sound - Sounds travels fast in water but it is very inaccurate for predators at close range.
  • Vibration - Critical for general attraction to a region but it is also inaccurate at close range.
  • Electro Sensitivity - Critical for triggering strikes and enabling fish to exactly locate and strike their prey.

The EChip is a small tube that encases a ball and proprietary microchip crystal. The rocking of the ball agitates the microchip and gives off a tiny electrical pulse.

When talking about echip's we need to think about micro voltage, and frequency. What happens to a crystal when you send it an electrical pulse? It gets excited and emits a frequency. Add into the equation of how sound travels through water, and you have the means for something that "may" attract fish.

I will use any tool available to put more fish in my boat.

I have been useing the hot chip and pro chip flashers for a few years. I am sold on the effectivness of the e-chip.

While running a spin doctor off a rigger one morning and not taking a hit, I pulled the SD and super glued a e-chip to one of the fins. Took 3 fish in the next hr off that set.

Everybody has their own "confidence" lure, mine is the e-chip

Brian

Correct me if im wrong but I belive the correct terminology for an echip from an elelctrilc standpoint is Piezo elelctric. or harmonics if you will. Did I mention im also an idustrial electrician. Checked the spelling. I think this is the correct way to spell it as checked the dictonary and if you look this up on the internet this is exactly what the echip is based on. Harmonics is electrical current made from movement or wich creates vibration. these pulses of viration are what create the voltage. There is more then I can type on this as it has its own place threwout history but it has been around along time. prety intersting.

To my understanding every living thing has a electrical signature all of our nerve impulses are electrical. In basic theory electrical impulses are magnetic in action and can either attract or repell. This is the idea behind the black box and correcting electrical signatures from your boat to stop repelling fish we also can sense electricity from a distance walk around power lines and you will feel it so the fact that fish can also feel it is no suprise the real question is if the voltage signal attracts fish all I know is it does not repell them. My E Chip program was productive the last 2 years did I do scientific testing no. Do I have E Chip lures that I have not caught fish on yes but I have boxes of non E Chip stuff that has not caught fish either. So is it going to talk a fish into biting I don't know but if it adds one more fish on a tough day it is worth it.