Screamin Divers!

A-Fishy-Anado

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Great Video, One thing that should be noted; To all of you that are new to diver fishing. Watch this video, each time before the rod comes out of the holder, the drag gets loosened up a bit. This is a great thing to do when fishing with no stretch line (wire or braid)

Copper isn't used in a diver application- stainless wire is, however. One question I have is, why the manual hookset when a rigger fires? That's a big, giant 'no,no' in my experience.

Edited by Nailer

Nailer knows this he was just refering to the other non stretch lines that you should go easy on the drag.

Copper isn't used in a diver application- stainless wire is, however. One question I have is, why the manual hookset when a rigger fires? That's a big, giant 'no,no' in my experience.

That is a no-no in my boat as well, we are not good with the bassmaster hooksets:eek:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Nailer knows this he was just refering to the other non stretch lines that you should go easy on the drag.

That is a no-no in my boat as well, we are not good with the bassmaster hooksets:eek:

I guess I'm a minority here, when a rigger fires on our boat you better jump on that rod, set the hook and reel like hell till the fish pulls line. My releases are set so any fish less than 10 pounds can't release without a hookset. You gotta remember when a fish trips a downrigger they got 5 seconds to shake that hook with slack line. I try to keep that time to a minimum.

I guess I'm a minority here, when a rigger fires on our boat you better jump on that rod, set the hook and reel like hell till the fish pulls line. My releases are set so any fish less than 10 pounds can't release without a hookset. You gotta remember when a fish trips a downrigger they got 5 seconds to shake that hook with slack line. I try to keep that time to a minimum.

I agree with getting to the rod and cranking like a madman:clapping: Rigger, RIGGER, RIGGER!!!! I have been known to jump on peoples laps that are in the way along with jumping from the flybridge to get that rigger rod. :P Reel down fast as :diablo: but not a hook setter unless the release didnt go.

• 2 weeks later...
GREAT POINT!! also id like to add that to save your clicker from wearing out prematurely, once the fish is on, i turn off the clicker. sure it sounds great but i like to try to get my stuff to last as long as possible, its to expensive to be replacing GREAT VID!!!!

UHM a clicker pawl usally costs less then 3 bucks and takes 2 mins to replace....and what makes em wear out worse then ne thing is turning them on and off when there under a load....and a little dot of grease would work alot better then torquing on the clicker switch in the heat of battle....but hey i just fix reels....what would i know:no:

Edited by Seawolf XI
sp

Not near as good as the first one that has been removed alltogether. Youtube removed the audio in the most recent one due to copyright it says.

Here it is with sound right from Deryk's photobucket account.

just not the same without the screaming drags

th_bigdproductions.jpg

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/nflboy07/?action=view&current=bigdproductions.mp4

yes that's Lake Ontario :o

Tim

Edited by Nailer