11" flashers and fly length

It really is a matter of how much action you want on the fly? Longer lengths seem to reduce or change the fly action I stick with 3 times the flasher length and it works for me. I tend to chase the more aggressive fish and for me when I run a flasher or any form of attractor I want his last meal close by. I don't think of fish weighing their choices I see A I eat this or B I don't. Since I know they often pass on the first thing they see I run SWR and core setups for them but most of the time my flasher fly setups are about getting them to grab it now and keeping them short reduces tangles with other gear.

It really is a matter of how much action you want on the fly? Longer lengths seem to reduce or change the fly action I stick with 3 times the flasher length and it works for me.

"3 times the flasher length and it works for me"

Like Mainiac i run the length 3 times the flasher size. This was the adage used back in the old days when fishing with a dodger and squid started. It worked for my dad on his boat and now on mine, so i guess, if it aint broke don't fix it, comes in. As far as line on flise i just use mono 50 lb ande. On evetyrhing else Gama Flourocarbon

I use just plain ol' 30 pound mono. I know that most use 50, but since we switched to 30 we have not had hardly any break offs. We do check the leader after every fish and yes we do replace alot, but to us we think the down size works well:grin: