Lure identification

slipknot

Okay... so this is probably an easy one for you guys...

I own some lures that I've had some success with, but don't know the manufacturer/brand name. I'd like to get some more, with a little help from the cumulative knowledge on this site. :D

The lures I have are in two sizes... one is a 55 and the other is a 66. The 55s are all stamped with a hexagonal pattern or honeycomb. The 66s are hexagonal and a few dimpled. They all have a skull and crossbones stamped above the numbers (55 or 66).

The 66s are only a smidge larger in length and width of an NK Mag, but are lighter in thickness. They have great movement in the water.

Hopefully you guys know the make of these so I can get on the road of purchasing some more.

While I'm at it... how are Yeck spoons stamped? Or are they smooth, unstamped blanks? I have about 20 other lures that I believe are Yecks but no die stamp on them... probably need to post pics to determine the maker of those.

Thanks in advance.

Thats funny. I've never even heard of Joe's Pirate Spoons until tonight. Now I know I actually own a few dozen. Haha. Yup, I looked them up through google and found some pics. They are indeed the ones I own. They seem quite popular too. Makes it hard to believe I've never heard of them! I have to crawl out from under this rock now and then. :grin:

Thanks guys.

Joe's Pirate Spoons were created by Joe and Shirley Riefer, who used to operate a charter out of Oak Orchard, NY. They are now retired and run the www.attheoak.com website. A number of years ago, they sold out Pirate Spoons to Renosky, who still produces them.

Pirates have always been and continue to be very popular on lake Ontatio.

Tim

Edited by tbromund
typo

Thanks for the info. When I "googled" them last night, it brought me to Renosky Lures. I got the impression they were now the owner, but thanks for the confirmation. It is neat to hear that they were designed by a past charter service on the lake. Info like this is always cool to know. Makes use of the lure mean a little more when you know the history of it.

Okay... so this is probably an easy one for you guys...

I own some lures that I've had some success with, but don't know the manufacturer/brand name. I'd like to get some more, with a little help from the cumulative knowledge on this site. :D

The lures I have are in two sizes... one is a 55 and the other is a 66. The 55s are all stamped with a hexagonal pattern or honeycomb. The 66s are hexagonal and a few dimpled. They all have a skull and crossbones stamped above the numbers (55 or 66).

The 66s are only a smidge larger in length and width of an NK Mag, but are lighter in thickness. They have great movement in the water.

Hopefully you guys know the make of these so I can get on the road of purchasing some more.

While I'm at it... how are Yeck spoons stamped? Or are they smooth, unstamped blanks? I have about 20 other lures that I believe are Yecks but no die stamp on them... probably need to post pics to determine the maker of those.

Thanks in advance.

Thats joes pirate spoons.

LOOOOL now i saw that some other members had answered you.