WTB maxi mate or special mate box/boxes

A whole lot lol, empty box only costs approx 70usd to ship, then you can gain some weight without increasing shipping cost.

Just had one sent here from Ohio, one box containing 300 silver streak magnums, plus 12 Daiwa sg47lc reels, 40 flashers, 20 dipsys and two planer reels.

shipping cost close to 300 bucks.

this is what mine looks like after adding some of my KN spoons, lol talking about being stuffed, 450 Mag and standard sized spoons.

cleaning001.jpg

Both I and the salmon loves greenish spoons.

cleaning003.jpg

Wifey phoned home here the other day, she asked " what are you doing", "Doing the dishes" i replied..

I don´t understand why she became on such a great mood.

Here is the dishes done LOOL.....

cleaning005.jpg

Nice and clean isnt it lol.

I see those are all dodgers. Do you run any flashers like Spin Doctors or Pro-Trolls? I see you run riggers and dipsey's, do you also run leadcore? What kind of depths so you target? Do you run wire dipsey's or braid? Just curious if there are many differences between the area's we fish. By the way, I have a lot of the same green spoons as you:D

I could only find one S/M box on E-Bay. It's $46.99. Doesn't appear as if he ships to Sweden though. Sense I know the seller, I could see if he would make an exception. Just let me know if you want to pursue it.

Cool, nice.

I Emailed the seller earlier today so we wait and see if he replies. Seller or store named Harald and some numbers if im right, harald is a Norwegian name so maybe we are from the same place lol, I am a Norwegian living in Sweden.

There was also one Maxi mate at E-bay, that seller have got an shipping quote aswell.

/kjell

I see those are all dodgers. Do you run any flashers like Spin Doctors or Pro-Trolls? I see you run riggers and dipsey's, do you also run leadcore? What kind of depths so you target? Do you run wire dipsey's or braid? Just curious if there are many differences between the area's we fish. By the way, I have a lot of the same green spoons as you:D

cleaning016.jpg

some of the flashers i have.

Kjell, That Special Mate Box looks like mine. LOL When I bought my boat the guy was anxious to sell all his trolling gear. I already had most everything, but he made me an offer I couldn't refuse. :lol: I traded and sold what I couldn't use, and kept the stuff I could use.

Kjell

I have a Maxi Mate and like it but to be honest none of my go to spoons are in it and it is stored below decks and a pain to get at. It is packed full of spoons that I seldom run once in a while someone will be on the radio bragging of how well they are doing with a certain spoon and I will dig it out and try that spoon. I keep my 30 or so favorite spoons in small clear plastic box's easy to access and can see what is in them at a glance. I made my first Maxi box out of a small old suitcase with lexan dividers what I did was installed 2 grooved boards in the suitcase and cut 0.125" thick lexan dividers to slide into the slots or grooves in the boards and I put foam in the lid to hold themin place when closed. It worked well and held a lot of spoons in a small package but being a cheap suitcase it did not take water well and rotted years ago. But if I was going to do it again I would get a better case and do it in a min. With the cost of shipping being so high I would consider making one.

Kjell

I have a Maxi Mate and like it but to be honest none of my go to spoons are in it and it is stored below decks and a pain to get at. It is packed full of spoons that I seldom run once in a while someone will be on the radio bragging of how well they are doing with a certain spoon and I will dig it out and try that spoon. I keep my 30 or so favorite spoons in small clear plastic box's easy to access and can see what is in them at a glance. I made my first Maxi box out of a small old suitcase with lexan dividers what I did was installed 2 grooved boards in the suitcase and cut 0.125" thick lexan dividers to slide into the slots or grooves in the boards and I put foam in the lid to hold themin place when closed. It worked well and held a lot of spoons in a small package but being a cheap suitcase it did not take water well and rotted years ago. But if I was going to do it again I would get a better case and do it in a min. With the cost of shipping being so high I would consider making one.

Hi 1 Maniac.

Thanks alot for the tip, i will see what i have and what can be used.

It seems like i might have found a used Special mate with spoons, i´ll keep you all updated.

I take it there aren't many "tackle stores" in Sweden? Or is it that you're looking for stuff they don't carry? Just curious what its like over there. Very interested to see/read more about your fishing culture and styles. Very interesting.

I just found this box on ebay... I have one just like it. I hang magnum spoons in it. However, the way the inserts are designed, you can hang two rows of shorter spoons on each, doubling the capacity. I have twice as many spoons in this box as I do my MaxiMates. It may be worth a look?? If he won't ship it to you, I'd be willing to accept it here and then ship to you, if that helps. Here's the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/PLANO-TACKLE-BOX-MUSKY-PIKE-SALMON-TROLLING-CRANKBAITS_W0QQitemZ270333292750QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item270333292750&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A4%7C294%3A50

I take it there aren't many "tackle stores" in Sweden? Or is it that you're looking for stuff they don't carry? Just curious what its like over there. Very interested to see/read more about your fishing culture and styles. Very interesting.

Hehe no tacklestores in Sweden, only Volvo and Saab stores.

Yes you are right, i am looking for products they don´t carry, every fisherman keeps their spoons in Plano 3700 compartment boxes, after 3-4 fishingtrips they have rusty hooks.... And it is always a tangled mess trying to pick up one spoon.

I found this one on e-bay, and the seller would ship to Sweden(shipping50$)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Special-Mate-mag-spoon-box-Holds-up-to-225-mag-spoons_W0QQitemZ190281962398QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

But i found another Special mate box on another sale site, a box containing 130 Silver streaks in pristine condition(seems unused). I will fix the payment tonight.

Our fishing styles are pretty much the same as yours, Scandinavian salmon trollers have since day one picked up techniques and gear used on the great lakes. The later years we have started developing our own spoons (Ismo among others), Flashers (VK and Salsa among others) and boat gear. It must have been back in the early seventies the first NK spoon was sold in Sweden, NK mag has produced very well. The later years we are also starting to see some DW and Silver Streaks in specialized trolling stores.

We do have two great inland lakes, Lake Vanern and Lake Vattern, containing big fresh water salmon and trout. You can use whatever technique you want at this lakes but are limited to ten rods. Bag limit of 6 salmons/trouts a day and all fish below 60cm have to go back, All fish with a intact Adipose fin must be returned.(you are only allowed to keep fish with a cut off fin).

I few years ago i moved to the coast of the Baltic sea, this is where i fish at the moment. On the baltic sea we have no rod limits, which means that on nice days with calm weather we can troll up to 16-18 rods, still it can take several days of fishing without a fish.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and thanks Matt!

Both yes and no, I am still looking and will always keep looking for a good deal.

Now I have two special mate boxes for my own use so thats enough.

But we don´t get these in stores here in Sweden so tey are selling very quick.

/Kjell