Tip of the day

Priority1

If you have a Vacuum food saver try segmenting quart and gallon Zip Locks with the food savers seal feature. You can dived the bags in two or more vertical sections for lures etc. Here's a pic of a two segment sandwich bag with some bead chains. This would also be a great way to bring a couple of special flies when you are fishing with someone else.:)

Another thought you could run a horizontal seal across as long as the stuff was inside and make it into 4 segments, but you would have to rip open the bottom segments.

dscn1720.jpg

Pile on this thread and share some of your ideas.:)

Space is always at a premium on a boat. One 6 way screwdriver takes the place of 4 screwdrivers, and it is also a 1/4 inch and 5/32 inch nut drivers. I have my Six Way Screw Driver handy. It can tighten a Dipsy or a Phillips screw on a Walker Deeper Diver. It gets used a lot for many different things.

Frank, ive been looking at a foodsaver, the one you have, was it the lesser in cost or the more expensive one....ive heard the the cheap ones are junk, but never owning one i was wondering how much you spent and how well does it work??? PLEASE TELL ALL!!!! THX!!!

Mine was a gift from my Son's Family last year. It's the Food Saver brand and it's called the Game Saver Deluxe Plus. I like it.

Anyone have a good source for the bags? I use the continuous rolls in 8 inch and 11 inch. Mostly I use the 8 inch to package walleye, 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 pounds of fillets.

Last year I was thinking about slowing my fishing down, because of increasing expenses. High fuel costs added to the already expensive sport. I decided to try something dead opposite. I made a real effort to fill every seat, every time I went out. Instead of fishing with 2 and 3 people on board, I was fishing with at least 3 or 4 and as many as 6. By filling the seats, it helps with expenses, and creates some bonds that can last a lifetime. I will fish 5 out of 7 days, if the weather cooperates. I guess todays terminology would peg this as, "Thinking Outside The Box". Sharing trips, posting for riders, and making a list of potential fishing partners, all help fill seats. The www and great sites like this one helps put fishermen in contact with one another. Gitter Done Dog Gone It, and "Fill Them Seats".