Electric Boat winch for trailer

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas, now that it is over we can start focusing on the other important things in life, such as electric boat winches.

I have a Sea Ray 270 Amberjack on a triple axel trailer that I would like to put a good electric winch on, but I was wondering if anyone had some feedback as to what would be a good product.

Thanks.

I have a power winch for my Islander. It works real well for pulling the boat on and saves me time while loading for sure.

Negatives:

The winch is only used for pulling the boat on. It will not secure it like a manual ratcheting winch so you will need a ratchet strap to hold the nose tight to the roller.

It is designed to hook up straight to your truck. So if for any reason you need to pull with a different truck the winch won't work. I solved this by permenantly attaching a battery to the trailer. The battery is charged by the truck when I attach my trailer cables.

The cable sometimes burys itself which takes a good amount of yanking to get it free. I have bunks so I always detach before backing in. If you're using rollers which I would guess with that heavy boat I think this will not be an issue for you. Backing the boat in a little with the cable still attached will free it for sure.

Enjoy the jealous on-lookers:D

I bought a powerwinch from cabelas. I've had no issue's with it in 3 years using it 35-40 times. But my rig is probably less than 1/2 the weight of yours.

It comes with a remote control and a light. I've never used either. I suppose the remote would be handy if you were by yourself in a bad wind or launch with current