most productive presentation method???

Cores, then riggers, then divers. Last couple of years the divers have slowed down for me. I run 2 high divers and 2 low divers on wires. I run about 5' of mono behind the divers. I also run 2 riggers, 2 full cores, and 2 half cores. Everything else is pretty consistent. With 4 of my 10 rods being divers I hope I can get more diver hits. My best fights have been hits on the divers. Any suggestions.

I did not log the results, but the deep rigger was hot from spring through fall. The other 3 riggers had marginal success so we usually only ran 1 or 2 total. Then divers, they were going so well that we ran 4 almost every trip with wire on the low mag divers set to 1 and braid on the high divers dialed to 3 1/2 with a super ring. In the end I believe the high divers won set way back anywhere from 225-350' which put them way away from the boat. Long cores and copper rigs held their own week in and week out too, we never got too fixed on any one presentation though and gave them what they wanted that day.

I'm not so sure it was the presentation as much as presenting the different lures at the depth they were working or at times getting them farther away from the boat.

Cores, then riggers, then divers. Last couple of years the divers have slowed down for me. I run 2 high divers and 2 low divers on wires. I run about 5' of mono behind the divers. I also run 2 riggers, 2 full cores, and 2 half cores. Everything else is pretty consistent. With 4 of my 10 rods being divers I hope I can get more diver hits. My best fights have been hits on the divers. Any suggestions.

What are you running behind your divers Joe?

Three combos for success behind you divers.

1, White flasher with green fly

2, Green flasher with green fly

3, Blue flasher with Blue fly. (Best for deep fish)

Run your leader behind your diver as long as possible.

22-24" lead from flasher to fly.

#1CRW_5634.jpg

#2CRW_5225-1.jpg

#3CRW_5644.jpg

What are you running behind your divers Joe?

I run all those combos, also White on White has taken some hits. The Blue on Blue on my wire has been slow, I know it should be alot better. I run my flys 22-24" behind the flashers, and my flasher is about 5' behind the dipsey. The only other thing may be my speed. I usually range between 2.6mph to 3.2mph. I start on the high end early in the season and will slow down later in August as I add more plugs to the presentation. Then I pick it back up for steelhead in Oct/Sep. What is the preferred speed for Spin Doctor/Flys?

I run all those combos, also White on White has taken some hits. The Blue on Blue on my wire has been slow, I know it should be alot better. I run my flys 22-24" behind the flashers, and my flasher is about 5' behind the dipsey. The only other thing may be my speed. I usually range between 2.6mph to 3.2mph. I start on the high end early in the season and will slow down later in August as I add more plugs to the presentation. Then I pick it back up for steelhead in Oct/Sep. What is the preferred speed for Spin Doctor/Flys?

If your rod is long enough and boat has enough room try increasing the length of one of you diver to flasher leads. Try 8' and see if it makes a difference.

I had one trip last year where I ran this flasher fly combo on each side of the boat.

B86G7310.jpg

One had a 22+- lead from flashed to fly end. The other had 30+- length.(it's a 10" flasher)

After the 22 got three fish, I pulled the 30 in and shortened it. Very soon after it took a fish. Both where down in the same zone. Sometimes small things make big differences.

I also second what Jason said, Sigs Rigs flys catch fish.

Quite often as the sun is setting I switch my diver to Moonshine lures.

(we mainly fish the evenings).

Good Luck,

Ken.