most productive presentation method???

Guys, i been reviewing the past trolling season and noticed that my dipsy's caught fish at almost a 4 to 1 ratio...my normal set-up was 2 dipsy's 2 lead cores/boards and 2 downriggers.....more or less depending on the crew.....my question to everyone is, what was your best producing persentation method??? THX......MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!! John

our riggers took the most fish for us this year and most other years we run 6-9 cores 4 divers an 3 riggers the flex in the big jon give a jigging action that the fish seem to like on the riggers we run mag spoon stacked with mini streaks and when running flashers we stack with mag streaks or nk 4ds

Since I run divers under all conditions they accounted for more than half my fish this year. With the rest divided between riggers and core I will always run my divers but the number of core and rigger poles will vary depending on cond and people in the boat. If I were fishing alone it would always be 2 divers and either a core or rigger to make up the third rod

Copper has been my most productive over the past 3 years. My riggers take the most fish but I run twice as many of them. After that it's riggers, core, and then dipseys. When I first started fishing I used mono dipseys and caught most of my fish on them. Ever since I moved to braid and wire they have not done as well for some reason. Maybe because my other presentations have gotten better? My spread is usually:

4 riggers

2 dipseys

2 copper 1 30 lb 1 45lb

The rest are filled with cores

I will not run highdivers with copper. I can't keep them from tangling

10 color lead core was one of my top producers. However this year my riggers with sliders were also on fire. Just goes to show you looking at everyones best producers that you need to run alittle bit of everything and give the fish what they want that day....

I don't see anyone putting slide divers or thumper rigs in here. These are 2 presentations I'm going to try in 2009. I don't think they are going to make the difference between limits or not but ya never know. If things aren't popping I like to change presentations more than colors.

I still need to find a program for the prelight bite. I have a plethora of varied glow stuff down I just don't seem to get bit hard until 30-45 minutes after it gets light. Gets frustarting hearing my buddies with 2-4 fish in the boat before I get my first one going:confused:

I use slide divers a little when I am targeting certain species such as steelies. I am also planning on trying a thumper rig this year. I have everything, just never tried it. I have had more success using less glow in my pre-light setup. Kevorkian spoons have done real well in the dark. I also use a lot more flashers than I do during the day. Just a few hints.

TGAFISH are you flashing them and sending them down might be tooo bright. I started storing all my glow stuff in clear plastic boxes and bought a 12v blacklight to go in the compartment with them. I know with the Moonshines and a few others they seem to glow real bright and it takes a while in the water before the settle down and fish hit them. When I started using the Moonshines a few years ago they very seldom got hit right away if they were real bright. So I started laying them out on a board and flashing them several at time and holding the flash unit further away. I see a lot of guys flashing them as they put em out and sometimes I will still touch one up with the flash. But my best results come when they have a good light soak and several min to settle before going into the water. I have also noticed that if I run glow spoons on my high lines in the last light before dark they don't need to be flashed they will pick up enough light to glow as the sun goes down.

TGAFISH are you flashing them and sending them down might be tooo bright. I started storing all my glow stuff in clear plastic boxes and bought a 12v blacklight to go in the compartment with them. I know with the Moonshines and a few others they seem to glow real bright and it takes a while in the water before the settle down and fish hit them. When I started using the Moonshines a few years ago they very seldom got hit right away if they were real bright. So I started laying them out on a board and flashing them several at time and holding the flash unit further away. I see a lot of guys flashing them as they put em out and sometimes I will still touch one up with the flash. But my best results come when they have a good light soak and several min to settle before going into the water. I have also noticed that if I run glow spoons on my high lines in the last light before dark they don't need to be flashed they will pick up enough light to glow as the sun goes down.

I use varying levels of light on the glows. I've never used the blacklight though. What's funny is the last light night bite has never been a problem with me and I'm running the same program usually. I'll keep playing with the light levels though. Maybe try lighting them up bright on the no wake out to the lake and then leave them alone.

The 8oz pumphandle rigs were the best for us this year, followed by the two back downriggers with the large flashers set deep. Most days we were no longer using divers.

THANKS GUYS FOR ALL THE FEED BACK!! WILLIE......DID YOU RUN THE PUMPS ON BIG BOARDS, SMALLER CHURCHES TYPE, DOWN THE CHUTE OR SOMEOTHER WAY??? THX

BOLTMAN, i use a 12v UV blacklight, got it at dicks sporting goods, but look at wallmart the carry one as well, the black UV really gets the glow "charged up".....but a bright LED light works well as so does a old camera flash!!!

Thanks Boom, I also have a 1 million power spot light, afraid I may light up the water too much though with that kind of power on a glow lure. I'm also going to turn on my underwater lights when fishing at night, they bring up the bait fish, might bring up the big game fish as well. I have them mounted on my trim tabs, they are the coolest at night, though only Halogens, they are very bright and shine out about 25 feet or so. I bought Mini LEd flashlights with 8 LEDS in them , very bright for charging up the Glows.

Every time I go fishing in the morning I try to start an hour before daylight. If you are going to spend the money on gas to go fishing, you might as well be there when the fishing is the best!

I have a couple of 55w fog lights that I clamp onto the back of my top, and also I use a 1 million power spotlight.

Pound balls were dead slow(can count on one hand the # of fish) for us this season,riggers,wire & braid divers were the mainstay.

Copper produced well on certain trips when all the other rods weren't moving,but in general,there was no consistent pattern.

It seemed to change every trip,put out a variety,then change up accordingly.