Ammo Tax

shu9265

Here it comes, another attempt at gun control.

Ammo Tax

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and Indiana) requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture a data

base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers. Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the

ammunition is coded.

Any privately held un coded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011. (Including hand loaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05 cent

tax on every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more!

This legislation is currently pending in 18 states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky,

Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.

To find more about the anti-gun group that is sponsoring this legislation and the specific legislation for each state, go to:

http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

• 1 month later...

The whole idea behind this is crazy. Does anyone even begin to believe criminals are going to destroy any "un-coded" ammo they possess?? Come on.

What this amounts to is a company designing a "coding" system and forcing everyone to use said system for their financial benefit.

Like a friend of mine said... "Is an extra five cents gonna stop a killer from killing?" Heck, any criminal with a bit of sense wouldn't use legally purchased ammo anyways.... especially not ammo that can be traced to them through a database such as this.

Once again... legislation that will only hurt the law abiding citizens.

Sadly MI is even dumber than most when it comes to Government remember it is a 3 county state the other 80 counties don't count when making the rules.

Unfortunatley you speak the truth. Thats all grandholm cares about is making her welfare fraud friends, that reelected her in, happy.

Unfortunatley you speak the truth. Thats all grandholm cares about is making her welfare fraud friends, that reelected her in, happy.

Maybe instead of begging for money from the federal government, Which we will pay for anyway. She should figure out a way to Do her job which is create jobs rather then drive them away. Im willing to overlook anyones shortcommings but she has not done her job. plain and simple.

Yep first we tax and spend till all the decent jobs leave then we have to create new taxes to replace the money we lost when the jobs left. And as the jobs leave more people become dependant on the Government to support them which means simply put we led the country on education reform with the teachers unions to the point we have the most expensive education system and the lowest test scores. Our children leave school with no jobs skills or work ethic and are forced to enter trade schools or go to college to gain any useable skill. We led the country with a 1 state recession for years now at least the rest feel our pain. What we need to do is elect me for Governer and I will personally guarentee that I can fix this State in 1 year. I have a simple plan we don't spend money we don't have we won't borrow money we can't pay back everyone will pay the same tax rate and we will compete to bring business back to MI. Our Unions did great things for the American worker in the 40's and 50's but then they turned to politics and criminal acts and are now somewhat of a blight on us. They strangle both the worker and the business and support policies in Gov that are against us and only serve to make them and the Government stronger.

Ok I will shut up!

Yep first we tax and spend till all the decent jobs leave then we have to create new taxes to replace the money we lost when the jobs left. And as the jobs leave more people become dependant on the Government to support them which means simply put we led the country on education reform with the teachers unions to the point we have the most expensive education system and the lowest test scores. Our children leave school with no jobs skills or work ethic and are forced to enter trade schools or go to college to gain any useable skill. We led the country with a 1 state recession for years now at least the rest feel our pain. What we need to do is elect me for Governer and I will personally guarentee that I can fix this State in 1 year. I have a simple plan we don't spend money we don't have we won't borrow money we can't pay back everyone will pay the same tax rate and we will compete to bring business back to MI. Our Unions did great things for the American worker in the 40's and 50's but then they turned to politics and criminal acts and are now somewhat of a blight on us. They strangle both the worker and the business and support policies in Gov that are against us and only serve to make them and the Government stronger.

Ok I will shut up!

No don't shut up now your on a roll, and i totally agree with you.

You'll get my vote

I love this as much as the next registered republican,lets just try and remember what were all about here and not get this topic to offensive and talk about what really matters and that is weather or not to run half core or full core. As for Jenny, she is a tangled mess that needs to be cut off and re tied.:D

I have been trying to get primers and powder for my 300wsm and can't get it. People are so afraid of the tax they are talking about and the hair brained antis bills that are going to be coming up that as soon as a shop gets some stuff in around here it is gone. Peoiple are stocking up. Its amazing how stuff is selling right now because of the scare. I have actually started doing the same a little, but am thinking i may need to get some more ammo and put it away.