Whitefish Whiteout.

Just got back from Tawas. I had a feeling when I got to AuGres at 5:00pm and hit the driving snow squals that I might have made a mistake for going tonight. Then when I pulled into the Tawas Pier parking lot and seen two other vehicles, I knew I was in trouble, but had come to far to turn back now. I fished for 3 1/2 hours in what can only be described as a windy white out and got a very wet/cold ARSE. But I managed to go 7 for 10 on the white fish with a new spoon tonight. It was one of those new 3/8 Lindy Rattlen Flyer Spoons I bought for ice fishing and was the 3/8 Glow Red one. Sad part was I knocked off 2 nice fish with the net trying to get them in by myself. And I could hardly see any of them when they came to the surface in the blowing snow 12 foot down along the sea wall. I'll try and remember to take a picture of them tomarrow before I give them a haircut. :P:grin:

s7_122364_imageset_01?$main-Medium$

GJ Dan. You're tougher than I am.:) Were you tipping the hooks with anything??

Thank's Frank.

But I didn't feel that tough on that slipery pier on the walk back in. :no: And no, I tried tipping some of the spoons I use a few times on prior trips, but it seems not to be what they want. Plus a lot of the hit's are actually misses, where they lunge at the spoon and you can feel them hit it or the line, and you end up catching them under the jaw, or in the side of the head or face on the next jig up. Even they have a hard time manipulating that small little mouth of theirs. :grin:

Edited by Walleye Express

Heres a picture of 5 of the 7 fish I caught last night. The board they are on is 27 inches long. There would have been 7 fish, but brother Dave showed up this morning at 9:00am, woke me up and thought 2 of my catch was a good enough payment and would keep me in (Real Time) cell phone wave/ice Bay reports for the 2009 calendar year. As you may or may not know, he works at the Karn Weadock Plant at the mouth of the Saginaw River. The rat, took the 2 biggest ones I think.

IM001780.sized.jpg

They are one of the best tasting fish IMV. I have had them 4 different ways now and they are awsome. Smoking is one of the best ways if you like smoked fish. But I also grill them in foil on the grill with lemon, onions, garlic and minature shrimp. Man that's good eating. :grin:

Remember King Midas who turned everything to Gold by his very touch? Well, all it takes for me to do that very same thing is 5 White Fish, 1/2 gallon of Apple Juice and 2 cups of Hickory Chips. Try and keep the drooling to a minimum. I plan on vaccumm packing half of these as a special treat for my ice charters clients this year. I do the same thing with white bass and walleyes. :grin:

IM001782.sized.jpg

Edited by Walleye Express