What is the best braided line?

I think I am going to change out the Power Pro on my diver rods as it is a couple seasons old. Do you guys really think the Fireline is better in 30lb, once I changed knots I have had no issues with Power Pro? I started with 300 yds of Power Pro on each rod and with cutting it back and retieing for 2 years am not sure how much is left. So while the Power Pro discussion is going I will throw this out and add the man's prayer I am a man but I can change if I have to I guess.

What is the best 30 lb braid for a dipsey rod? Pro's and Con's.

I have a habit of once something works for me I stop changing it so I worked out the issues with Power Pro a couple years ago. But I know a lot of guys use the Fireline is there much of a difference or is it just user preference?

"I've been using Cabela's Ripcord. I have never had a problem and it is cheaper than the other braids. I really like it."

As much as i like Power Pro......its not cheap.....I totally Agree with Jason.... 1/3-1/2 the cost and works just as well and would not be all surprised if Power pro made Ripcord....Oh Its on sale!!!! i just got a couple of new spools for myself...........

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0003147112702a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntk=Products&QueryText=ripcord&sort=all&_D%3AhasJS=+&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/common/search/search-results1.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&hasJS=true&_D%3AhasJS=+&sort=all&QueryText=ripcord&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23

Thanks still got a while till I need to respool them I know they all have Pros and Cons I lost some gear 2 years ago working out my Power Pro program. When you lose a few dipey setups learning it is not cheap I lost several setups before a friend pointed out that using a Trilene knot was causing the braid to cut itself as it tightened. I have played around with the Worlds fair knot the Uni and the Palomar since and have pretty much stuck with the Palomar. Now just gotta keep my friends from free spooling them out and my dipsey program works great. Keep them suggestions coming need input data.

Tight Lines

Jim

My choice of braided line is brand loyalty. Years ago when I was seriously into bass fishing, I tried most of the lines made by the different line manufacturers. After all said and done, I liked the Berkley Trilene lines the best. When it came time for backing on my lead cores, I went with the brand that I preferred while bass fishing.

I have 2 seasons on my lead cores with the fireline backing, and have never had a breakage.

Palomar knots are the way to go terminating braided line. I also use the palomar whenever possible terminating mono. I have good results using Spiderwire. I have also used the Ripcord. I spool my braid Dipsy reels with a 25# mono backer and 150yds of braid on top. Most of the time I never see the knot. Why spool the whole reel with the more expensive braid? A good Uni to Uni splice has never failed me.

I had a Uni-to-Uni knot break on me, probably due to the fact that I tied it wrong. I'm not the best at tying knots. So I switched to using a small, #50, Spro swivel. They are small enough to fit through the line guides and level wind without a problem. I have 500' of Ripcord on top of 20# mono backer. I really need to learn some new knots. I have been using the Trilene knot almost exclusively. I can tie it blindfolded by now. I can never remember the Palomar. Maybe I'll practice over the winter.

nick here is a site that will help with the knots.

http://www.animatedknots.com/index.php?LogoImage=LogoGrog.jpg&Website=www.animatedknots.com

Palomar, Uni, Dbl Uni, Albright, Worlds Fair are pretty much my go to knots. I snell my fly rigs and most of setups I tie my self. I build most of my own stuff for Flies and meat rigs with Gamma Flouro leader and Owner hooks I even make a lot of my J Plug harness's. So over the years I have become a knot fananitic But I can tie some sweet knots most of my Snell's look as good as machine made and are built with bettter material.

Tight Lines

Jim