Late Fall Trolling Q & A.

Capt.Dan - What is Your take on why the Saginaw Bay doesn't seem to produce in the Fall like Erie or the Bay of Quinte ? Do You think that nobody looks for (or finds) them/differant forage base or maybe just the dynamics of the Bay itself (lack of deep water) ??????????? C-man

Bob.

Remember this picture below I took at Hoyles of the back of my truck on November 27th 2006? And the 3 pictures below that, that were taken by our friend Scott on the Saginaw Bay on the 5th of January 2007, when we had that freak weather last winter. My picture is the share of fish I took with my cousin Ray on that day, soon after 3 or 4 previous trips of his own, when he took limits and put a hurt on those open water walleyes on Saginaw Bay in 15 to 17 FOW. So the deep water theory doesn't hold water. I'm positive that there is a good fishery out there at this time of year, but very few people are interested in it or hardy enough to get out and pattern it. Look how long it took for people to cash in on our early spring/after ice out walleye fishery. I knew about it back in the mid 80's when guys started catching walleyes fishing for browns and coho from AuGres to Oscoda, yet didn't take advantage of it until years after. There is and always will be a safety factor this time of year that simply does not apply when it's warmer out. Even though I have never fished Quinte, I know we are not blessed (YET) with the dynamics of either Lake Erie Or the Bay of Quinte. That being 85+ million fish for Erie nor the protected, narrow wind/weather land mass areas that Quinte seems to offer. Few (if any) Bays are 24 miles wide and 46 miles long, like Saginaw is. Capt. Dan.

IM001256.jpg

1_G.sized.jpg

2_G.sized.jpg

3_G.sized.jpg