Saginaw River

Fished the Sag River today where the 3 rivers meet. Caught 7-8 eyes - 3 legal. jigs/ minnows. [Hard to find minnows in Saginaw area though!] One was 4#.

Also a nice small mouth. Many sheepheads too. Great day to be on the water.

2 flocks of turkeys flew across near us to add to the day.

No deer, but 2 hunters.

Water testing is going on in the area but poses no problem.

GJ. I like that area and used to fish it a lot. One Spring my son and I caught 28 in 2-1/2 hrs drifting a 300 yd stretch at the mouth of the Titt. Of course this took a quite a few drifts. Most of the fish were released without even boating them. We would grab the jig with some pliers, and give it a twist. Thats one thing about jig fishing, 90%+ seem to be lip hooked. I do miss the jigging river fishing, and may just get back into it. Thanks for the report, it brought back some fond memories. Have you ever went just a little upstream in the Cass?? I'm not sure if it's even possible anymore.

We only went to the end of the island. The water is about 3-5' in that area but we saw a few boats that disappeared south downriver. . Probably put in at the boat launch off M13??

Didn't get out today - too many end-of-summer/winter-coming jobs to do but may shoot down there tomorrow if the rain isn't too bad.