bobcat mount

Jenny Ann

Check out the pics of my bobcat mount. I just got it back from last winter and had to post some pics. It is not where it will be in the house, just took a different animal down to use the hook for pics.

IMG_2700.jpg

IMG_2696.jpg

IMG_2694.jpg

IMG_2693.jpg

IMG_2692.jpg

IMG_2699.jpg

Edited by GLF
Fixed link for image

Nice mount!

Funny you posted a picture of your mount. I started thinking about a week ago, that I would like to go on a bobcat hunt. I started looking for more information on bobcat hunts this past weekend.

Did you go on a guided hunt? Did you use dogs, or did you call it in?

Inquiring minds want to know. :D

I went with dogs and it was unbelievable. I had never hunted with hounds before and it was one heck of an experiance. I went with a group that might as well be guides because of the time they put into it. I went 5 days total and this was the only cat we treed. We ran I think 3 or 4 and this was the only one I saw and it was on my second to last day to hunt. Around here, I think it would be near impossible to call one in but you never know... My trip total including mount, food, gas, many drinks was less than a grand. I thin k it took me 8 years to get a tag ion WI.. Next is either a nice bear or yote mount.. Unless I can shoot some nice ducks this year, I saw a mount I really liked :)

I have done some reading on bobcat hunts. Was the hunt when there was snow on the ground? Did you drive around looking for tracks, and then let the dogs loose? What did you use to shoot it with?

In Michigan it only requires a fur harvesters license.

WE looked for tracks with about 6-10 trucks of us for maybe 2 hours before light, then we'd try and get one dog started then others. There was a ton of snow on the ground and when we would get fresh snow it was a ton easier.. We did see lots of tracks but trying to find a fresh set that was a nice sized cat was hard.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Sweet!!..didja get dat cat up in Oconto Co?

There's a few cat roaming round there. Last year I cut three tracks doing a survey in the NW part of the Co in the National Forest. Fisher population seems to have subsided over the last few years. It may rebound.

• 1 month later...

Love the cat!!! I have 2 of them in my insurance office everybody loves them. They look good next to the deer and fish trophies. I am at 6 E Spring street in St Ignace. Anyone is welcome to stop by and check them out. Stop by say Hi have coffee shoot the bull