Muskegon 18 afternoon

For the few of you that still have boats out, I will leave a short report from my mini trip Sat pm. I didn't really feel like going off shore, or venturing too far away, so I worked just south of Muskegon a bit with my kids. We didn't tear em up, but ended up getting 3 coho, all in 47ish fow. One was almost 10 pounds (beautiful chrome too), the other two a little smaller. We started just south Bronson Park Muskegon and trolled to the shallow net north of Mona, then back almost to Bronson. Surface temp was 51ish in that area and 40ft down was 41ish in 60fow. 40ft down in 47fow was about 44. Two fish came on Lite Bites back 48ft on 4 with no ring. I had a Blue Cory's Stingray 150ft behind the diver. The other fish came on the rigger down 44 in 48fow with Blue Chrome Pro Troll and Blue Bubble Rapture. If I weren't soo lazy I should have put another slide diver out. Mostly I ran 3,4,5 color cores, and 50ft copper with spoons and small plugs and let em ride. No hits on those. All of our hits came north 3mph troll. There were some fish tucked tight to the bottom, and up very high, not much between. There was a fair amount of bait in spots. The coho had a mixture of very small to med sized alewives ingested. My son had his first dock to dock driving experience. Good time of year for training. I saw some boats off shore, but I didn't turn the radio on, so don't know if they got them or not, and we came in well before dark, so they weren't coming in yet.