Mice

GLF

I have not driven my truck most of the summer. I do not have room for it in the garage, so it sits outside, beside the garage. I drove it the other day and the check engine light was on. So.....I popped the hood and took a look around.

Mice have been chewing on the wiring harnesses. :angry2:

I will be repairing wires today after work.

We took out a buddies 14' aluminium boat for the first time after it had sat behind his house for years. We set out for the bubbler for a few perch and started fishing. All of a sudden I hear him start screaming like a little girl. I look over and there was a mouse sitting on his leg. I picked it up and threw it into the lake and it swam away. He was pure white like this little bitty mouse was gonna kick his 6' 2 butt. I mean frozen in place scared. Probably a lot funnier for me than you reading this but hey....

Mice and chipmunks can cause a lot of damage. They don't like the smell of mothballs. Get some nylon mesh and tie up some bags similar to the way you would tie spawn bags only larger. hang a few of these in strategic locations. BBQ grills is another place the lil buggers like to Winter.:)

I agree with Priority1. I had that happen a couple of years ago with a squirrel. The guy I talk to said rodents don't like the mothballs. I haven't had a problem since. Just don't forget about them. I left mine in for almost a year (forgot about them) and when I ran my A/C the following July I couldn't figure out what the smell was. :-P

Live and learn.

Bought a Silverado new at the end of 03.

Took a cruise January of 04.

Had a friend watching the house/moving my trucks around in the driveway, well was supposed to anyway....

The little buggers chewed the insulation on the firewall and built nests with it on top of the intake.

They didn't chew on wires or anything, must just be a blue oval thing ;).

Don't even get me going on how they build nests under the intake of the generator in the shed.

Big fan of Dcon.

Another thing that repels mice are dryer sheets. One day I was fishing with dirty dog and our wifes. When we got back to the landing I docked my boat and was going to get the truck when I was hearing a loud scream and turned around to find one of our wifes screaming and dancing around frantically. It appeared I had a passanger Ralph aboard. I found a mouse nest in the most foward aft compartment. During storage I put three dryer sheets in every compartment and this took care of the mouse situation with no smelly moth ball scent.:)

Another thing that repels mice are dryer sheets. One day I was fishing with dirty dog and our wifes. When we got back to the landing I docked my boat and was going to get the truck when I was hearing a loud scream and turned around to find one of our wifes screaming and dancing around frantically. It appeared I had a passanger Ralph aboard. I found a mouse nest in the most foward aft compartment. During storage I put three dryer sheets in every compartment and this took care of the mouse situation with no smelly moth ball scent.:)

While we are on Dryer Sheets, they also work well to keep the cabin odor free. I hang a few of them on the curtain rods in the cuddy. Put some under the car or truck seats. They also repel bugs.:)