New ice fishing spoon idea.

Just ordered some new type spoons for this years ice fishing season from Franks Great Outdoors. They had 2 very important things going for them IMV. They were on sale and I got that warm and fuzzy feeling looking at them. I'll replace the rubber scented minnow they come with of course with the real deal. They are from the Berkley Power Bait Company and are called Blade Dancers. So do you think they'll work on the Saginaw Bay this winter?

151757.jpg

They should work. As you are well aware, when they're on the feed you just need to be on them. Funny to see some banter about ice fishing, my partner during the winter and I are already looking forward to some hard water. Hopefully we have a good winter of fishing.

Funny to see some banter about ice fishing, my partner during the winter and I are already looking forward to some hard water. Hopefully we have a good winter of fishing.

I'm guessing this (mostly salmon/trout site) is going to get like vacant lot in about 4 more weeks. Us fall and winter walleye guys might as well circle our wagons now. :grin:

they look good... i have never fished the bay for eyes and i hope to try this winter so good luck guys

The best advice I could give a beginner Jay, is take it slow, always stay on the worn trails, GPS mark your course going out and fallow it precisel when coming back in. And stay near other fishermen. Especially if it's your first time out on the bay. ;)

• 1 month later...