Saturday Fishing In Ludington

Plan on going out Saturday a.m., do you think 100' to 150' would be a good plan? Not really interested in catching the ones running to the river, the younger ones are fine.

If you can lend some input, it would probably help make our day more productive, and would be appreciated!

Last Sat we fished 150 to 190 out of Muskegon went 5 for 7 fished from 90 up to 25ft most fish were between 90 and 40 dn. But honestly I would start in 60ft and troll out cause all the fish will be in closer. Myself I am planning on fishing this eve and will be setting up in 40 ft and running north and south out front. I still need some eggs for winter Steelhead fishing so I need a couple of river runners.

Jim

How do you think the weather this week will affect the depth at which we should be fishing?

There is cold water in close. I am fishing out of Muskegon on Saturday. I will be setting lines on the way through the pier heads and running the same pattern as Jim. I probably wont break 40FOW.

The wind has been blowing out of north all week which push's the top layer south leaving nothing but cold water. The rain has the rivers up this is it everything will be out front either to run up or to feast on the carnage and stage for the next few runs when the Steelhead start up to winter over. God I love it these are days I live for the woods are full of hunters and the water is mine. I will be trolling in 3 hours.

Tight Lines

Jim

Tony, I also plan to fish Ludington tomorrow. I plan to be launching about 1:00pm and fish the afternoon and evening. I spoke with a couple of guys at noon today, just coming off the water. They had 4, 1 coho and 3 steelhead. They said they fished straight out from the 35's out to the 39's then turned around and fished all the way back to the harbor. No real pattern, picked up fish all over. Water is cold from top to bottom. The water is not set up with the recent winds and storms so I don't expect the fish to be concentrated. I plan on using mag spoons and spin doctors and keep the speed up to cover some water until I can find some pattern. What is the name of your boat, I will try to get you on the water, maybe we can compare notes. Andy