Bay De Noc

If every thing goes well, my uncle and I are going to take a trip up tho the North country in the third week of October. We are thinking of fishing Bay De Noc for a day or two. I have fished it four times with mixed results. Is there any one out there that would like to give me any detailed pointers that may help us?

Thank You,

Ken.

About 10 years ago we fished the whitefish river on the little bay de noc from the mouth on up river untill it starts to get shallow and we got a nice smallmouth , a mid 30s pike and a 25in. trout of some kind we never identafied it for sure and lost the picture, was using a mepps #4 inline spinner thats all I got.:cool:

Two weeks ago fished Big Bay De Noc and caught some great perch in the Snail Shell Harbor( thats out side Fayette Gost Town and State Park), 30- 10" to 14" out of the 50 or so we caught. Did some Crawler Harness trolling in front of Snake Island, trolling North along the drop off and limited out in 2 hours, 8 walleye and two steel head. Silver and green blade was the best color. Perch were caught on reg rigs with shinners.

Hope you have the same luck we had Dave at K-2

Edited by K-2
Added info

Dave, I hope we have your luck (skill) also.

We most likely will drift or troll harnesses in the upper bay. If the weather isn't to bad I want to try some night trolling along the drops.

Thanks for the tips.

• 4 weeks later...

We made it up for one day, (Thursday) High Presser dominated the weather. High presser and Walleye don't mix well. The fish we marked where in 30 fow and tight to the bottom. We ran Bouncers and crawler with no luck. We tried other presentations with out any luck either. We did pick up one 16"walleye well after dark over 12 fow. It's a beautiful area to fish. I took this shot from our resort dock just before breakfast.

B86G8207.jpg

I'm glad you made it up there. When the walleye get lockjaw it can be real tough. Slooooooooooow is the name of the game when the are finicky. I hit em hard Spring through Summer, when they are more aggressive.:) Did you try jigging any minnows, or minnow heads? Better luck next time Ken. That's a beautiful sunrise.