Youth Hunt

EdB

Anyone going out for the youth hunt this weekend? I'm taking a friends 16 year old, his last year for this hunt. It's rare when I say this but I can't wait for the alarm clock to go off in the morning.

The kid got a doe!!!! I had a blast :yahoo:

He was in a ladder stand, I took my light weight spike'n tree stand, locked it in in the dark and sat next to him. I never get excited when a doe comes in but for some reason this morning, my heart was pounding watching it unfold. I spotted her coming in and wispered to Rigel to turn around. He got turned, saw her and got the gun up. She presented a nice broadside at 30 yards, at least from my seat. Rigel said her vitals where behind a tree from his position. I was wispering, shoot, shoot, and she started coming directly at us. She came into 15 yards and you could tell she got a wiff of us or sensed us in the tree and she started to turn around. Rigel shot and dropped her. It was a great morning. I had lot's of fun! We are buck hunting tomorrow!

great job and congrat on the kids kill, a good freind of mine pulled up the drive around 9:30 this morning with a nice 18 inch 8 piont in the back of the truck that his 14 year old son shot this morning for his first ever buck , im not sure ho was proder him , me , or his dad