I'm in the same boat (pardon the pun). Small boat (19'), we last fished on Labor Day (first trip of the year for the little boat, most big water fishing is on a friends). We dropped lines about 6:30 and never had a hit until 10:30. Water was real warm, we went out to 130' and eventually got some action in about 90'. Stayed in there and ended up with 5; 1 adult king, 2 coho (1 over 11#) and 2 nice lake trout. Nice day though, very few boats after about 10 a.m.

I'm heading over there too this weekend. According to the forcast it looks like it will be rough and the water will likely be warm in close, but this time of year there are always stragglers in there, they don't seem to worry about temp. I also plan to take some pier & river gear for a backup. Anyone know if Spring Lake is worth trolling for pike?

Welcome to the site timtube. Check out this post.

The lake rolled last week and brought a bunch of cold water in close for last weekend. It looks like it is rolling again this week, and bringing the warm water back in. There was also a good run last weekend.

Pike fishing in Muskegon lake is dynamite this year. I am not sure about the pike fishing at Spring Lake.