What the #$@$!!!

JWheeler

Have had a couple of down days while my truck was in for some drive shaft issues. Took to watching the stock market this morning, keeping an eye on the falling price of crude oil. Closed at the day just off $4.00/barrel less then yesterday. A barrel is almost at $100/barrel. Funny when we ran out to pick up the truck and noticed that gasoline went up nearly $.30/gallon back up to $3.95:angry2:. I also watched OPEC today with an optimistic outlook on the falling price of oil of the next couple of months. I don't know why the hike, I think maybe it is in preparation for this IKE hurricane. Boy there are 12 different ways to skin a cat and these S.O.B's at the oil companies have really got us bent over a barrel. They are screwing us any which way they can, and while doing so posting record profits for their company. Anyway they can squeeze some more profits out of us they will. No wonder this economy sucks and so many people are in hard times.

One thing to keep in mind is that Oil and Gas are publicly traded meaning that the market sets the price. As long as investors think you will pay more they will raise the price so before anyone thinks the Government should fix this check your retirement plan and see how much you are making off of this cause as long as people keep making money off of high oil prices they will stay high. When they finally settle back down or wages and the rest catch up people will whine about that as well.

Jim

One thing to keep in mind is that Oil and Gas are publicly traded meaning that the market sets the price. As long as investors think you will pay more they will raise the price so before anyone thinks the Government should fix this check your retirement plan and see how much you are making off of this cause as long as people keep making money off of high oil prices they will stay high. When they finally settle back down or wages and the rest catch up people will whine about that as well.

Jim

Do you work for opec?. But yes you are right however we as people have a duty of fairness to the rest of the world or so we are told so why should 1% of the world get away with this and the rest of us suffer. Martha stewart would agree with me im sure.

I am thinking we will be seeing some changes very soon.

By that, I mean the value of the American dollar is dropping on the world currency exchange. Historically each time this has happened in the past, we have experienced an upward swing in our economy. The last time this was really noticeable, was after the trouble was brewing in the middle east, mid 80's(?)

And yes it is true, the futures are controlled by the "speculators"

OK., I'm done now.

Don't work for OPEC but realize most of our problems our self inflicted some where we got a bunch of morons who think the government can tax and spend to solve our problems. Everyone wants to see the Government tax the rich well consider this most of the government is the richest 1 percent they talk of how they will tax but actually never do. Cause they will fill it with so many holes they will actually pay less then before but everyone will thank them. Oh yea and who was in charge during the last economic recovery Ronald Reagan and Bush 1 but darn if Bill Clinton did not take credit for it. remember that most of the crap these guys do takes several years or more to take effect. Also if you want to fix jobs in this country try buying something made here we all seem to want big paying jobs so we can fill our life with crap made overseas if nobody buys american there will be no jobs here so even if you have to save up to buy American at least your money will help feed your neighbors instead of China and other countries who refuse to buy anything from us.

Jim

Before this turns into a political argument let me explain my point of view. I am nearly 50 and have lived around here nearly all of my life. So I remember a few things I remember when we bought nealrly all of our stuff from our neighbors and they bought from us so we all grew together. I remember when my dad was forced to buy a GM product cause you could not park a non GM on the lot. The 80's were a great time of growth but like idiots we spent way too much on foreign product. So what happened one by one the plants here closed since no one bought the product they made as plants closed investors looked to make money so to compete with foreign produt we brought in more of it with american labels. And we let foreign companies move here and before you know it the Honda Goldwing has more american made parts than a Harley Davidson. We all used to buy our fishing gear at the local bait shop we knew the guys there we trusted their advice now most of them are gone and we buy from the internet or chain stores. Guys I don't much care which lever you pull in the election box this year the government won't fix this we have to. So for those who think that we can vote in a change who is gonna change us cause until we make a change in our habits nothing will improve. So start thinking about how to keep your money here before it is all over there. Walmart is one of China's largest exporters try and find one of China's importers look hard cause there is virtually none. So look at what you buy and see if you can shop more wisely.

Jim

Jim

One thing to remember is that oil and gas may be publicly traded but not free from influence. Opec cuts production and we pay more! Our oil refineries hold back shipments and we pay more! Governments increase taxes and we pay more!

Look at the inflated profits of the oil companies, while everyone else suffers! The price of gas would not be where it is today, if it was a true free market situation. There is no shortage of oil as there are enough reserves for the next 100 years. Those who could provide us some relief look us in the eye, lie and smile while doing so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well more good news this morning on Fox 2 Detroit. The newscasters said brace yourself for the $.40-.60 increase in the price of a gallon of gas by the end of the day today, because of this hurricane. Still no rhyme or reason for the thirty cent increase on Tuesday, now they're talking of another increase. If another increase hits today that could almost be a full dollar raise in the price of gasoline in one week, while the price of a barrel continues to be around a $100/ barrel. I wish somehow I could scam people out of money like this, and somehow have it be legal.

It has happened, gas prices spiked again, hitting $4.19/gallon here in Burton. I bought gas last week in Ypsilanti for $3.58/gallon, $.60/gallon increase??????? What a bunch of crap.

We need to find a way in this country to be energy independent. From the sounds of things we have the resources in this country to do it, but sounds like a lot of red tape to get through, wish I knew how and I would lead the way.

Well the Tree Huggers and the Democrats will never allow it to happen as far as energy independence is concerned. 20 years ago it was pointed out that we would need at least 10 years to put the oil resource's we have into full production but the Tree Huggers cried that we should not do it cause we would have all of these new alternative fuel vehicles in a few years. Well how many of you are driving them? So that is why we have huge untouched oil reserves and we still need roughly 10 years to put them in production if we can ever stick a straw in them. That is the first part of the problem here is the next where would you like a refinery you see we have not built one in decades cause no one will allow them in their backyard. So we plug away with old slow outdated refineries mostly located in areas where Hurricanes seem to travel fairly often. Couple that with the fact that most of our industries are being outsourced cause we are too cheap to buy American made products leaveing little for people to invest in that is profitable untill the Middle East situation started years ago and investors figured out that any time someone farts over there we shiver and the price goes up. So as the price goes up we cut back and as we cut back so do the refineries cause no sense in making any extra cause that might cause the price to drop. So all summer long the old outdated refineries have worked at 80% or less production. Then here comes IKE which causes a bunch of them to shut down completely and golly gee there goes the price again. So figure out how to fix them and we can start on the rest.

Tight Lines

Jim

Well per the national news this morning Ike has spiked the gas prices by $.06/gallon to an average of $3.79. Wow, we are at $4.19, no this is not gouging. Hope the price comes down by the time I fill up this week, or the poor gas station attendant is going to get an earful.

Before this turns into a political argument let me explain my point of view. I am nearly 50 and have lived around here nearly all of my life. So I remember a few things I remember when we bought nealrly all of our stuff from our neighbors and they bought from us so we all grew together. I remember when my dad was forced to buy a GM product cause you could not park a non GM on the lot. The 80's were a great time of growth but like idiots we spent way too much on foreign product. So what happened one by one the plants here closed since no one bought the product they made as plants closed investors looked to make money so to compete with foreign produt we brought in more of it with american labels. And we let foreign companies move here and before you know it the Honda Goldwing has more american made parts than a Harley Davidson. We all used to buy our fishing gear at the local bait shop we knew the guys there we trusted their advice now most of them are gone and we buy from the internet or chain stores. Guys I don't much care which lever you pull in the election box this year the government won't fix this we have to. So for those who think that we can vote in a change who is gonna change us cause until we make a change in our habits nothing will improve. So start thinking about how to keep your money here before it is all over there. Walmart is one of China's largest exporters try and find one of China's importers look hard cause there is virtually none. So look at what you buy and see if you can shop more wisely.

Jim

You're singing my song brother:good: