Stackers

GLF

I hate to get in the crowd and combat fish. I am a slider guy, and have not ran a stacker since the mid 80's. I had no intention of ever running them again.......until I signed up for the Grand Haven Big Fish Contest Sept 20th. Today, I broke down and purchased stacker releases.

I purchased the doubles for adding a stacker to my cable, and was planning on using my blacks releases for the lower line. Can I use my blacks releases, or should I purchase the single release and add it to the cannonballs?

I have never ran them with the Blacks release's but I allways had better luck with stackers in the past when using differant length rods. I ran a shorter rod on the bottom I also run longer lead from the stacker and get it back away from other lines. But then the more I think about it I am starting to remember why my stackers remain unused. It seemed that way to often the bottom rod would grab the top rod when a fish hit so I will probably stick to sliders.

Tight Lines

Jim

mike, "should I purchase the single release and add it to the cannonballs? "

if you run it off the tail/trailing loop on the ball/weight, when you load up the rod this will cause the ball to be pulled up at the tail and pitch the nose down and cause some tracking trouble...when ive stacked i just used my blacks as normal and just added the double pimch pad type stackers......but not used them for a while and like mainiac stated "It seemed that way to often the bottom rod would grab the top rod when a fish hit " HAPPY COMBAT FISHING!!!! john