Manistee 8-28 threw 8-30

This report is late but i have been pretty busy getting back to my usual boring life!!

we arrived Thur. afternoon and checked into our slip got everything set for a few days of hard fishing.we headed south as we did every time out this trip, down to the 13's and set up in 175 fow.things were coming a bit slow but steady we were slowly working our way out deeper to 220 and back and forth and it seamed that most hits came at the 200 fow mark, we boated 3 i think before we picked up the lines to go pull a boat in that was stranded at about 7:30 pm we took the Holy Molly in toe and the avid anglers those guys are they decided not to waste any opportunity and set a few lines down in toe and took a fish (that was awesome):in best tommy boy imitation:as it was dark as we got in we called it a night.

back out in the same area before sunrise and the moonshine spoons were hot(especially the dancing anchovie)6 kings and 2 coho one king weighed 18.15

Friday evening we were in the same area using the same baits and taking about the same amount of hits but our catch ratio was way down we only boated 1 fish about a 8 pound king.

Saturday morning we had guests John, his son Rob and Johns grandson Josh went out with us we were again in the same spot using the the same gear with the exception we ran 2 more rods in addition to the 4 down riggers and two dipseys we also put out a 7 and 4 color lead core rods we picked slow at the for a few hours and boated for very respectable kings one of them weighing 17.10then it slowed way down at noon we decided to give it another half hour and then it happened! we were on a north troll in 150 fow(shallowest we have fished so far)fish on rigger rod boated it,fish on 7 color,boated it, fish on another rigger boated it! the funniest part was that on our starboard side a hundred yd,s out was a charter boat the first fish there seamed to be some mild interest,second fish there was allot of gaping our way and before we boated the 3rd fish the charter took a hard right turn and trolled directly away from us. this all took about 15 minutes to happen laughed my ***** off.

Saturday night we had more guests my mother and step dad drove up from free soil to take the evening boat ride as we were not so much fishing as just cruising around i only set the four downrigger rods and we boated one 10 pound king but it was real nice out there and the folks really enjoyed the ride.

we wanted to fish Saturday morning but the boat was getting low on gas and mom invited us for breakfast and Rick and I were pretty wiped out so we loaded up the boat and headed south.

I haven't said what baits and riggs we used only because we never did get a pattern set up to say what was working, some things that did work was Moonshine spoons on down riggers 3 different J-plugs took fish a carmel ladder back a all chrome J-plug and a Pickle J-plug.meat rig on a dipsey took a couple fish most fish came between 65 and 140 down in 150 to 220 fow not set pattern to anything it just seamed ya had to move around and change up baits often and the fish would come.

Rick and i did have one time of hectic fun we had a triple on in 175 fow in the 13's with only us two on the boat we each had a rod and one bouncing in the rod holder at one point i was reallin in two tryin to net ricks fish and steering the boat with the net handle oh did i mention we were in the nets!

well it's over and I'm a little sad but there's always next year and some good fishing to be had yet this year.we met some new great guys caught some real nice fish and had a blast.we caught 20 fish in 2 and a half days most of them in the mid to upper teens.