Had a nice long weekend at Ludington with nice seas and we got out every morning. Started out Friday with a pass inside the bank, we hit 4 and boated 2. The water was warm there so at sun up we pulled lines and ran west to the 38's and trolled west from there. Hit our first fish setting up and had a steady pick till we boxed 15, a nice mixed bag of next years kings, steelies, lakers and coho. We fished out to the 41 line.

The boats poured into town for the weekend so we headed south on Saturday to avoid the crowd on the bank. We set up a couple miles south on the 34 line and headed west from there. Had a slower start but as we got offshore, the bite got better. We boxed 11 fish that day.

Sunday was a great day, just my daughter and I out fishing. Same water as Saturday. We had my slowest bite of the weekend but one of the best days this year. We went 5 for 9 but Olivia was in on every fish and caught every one we landed. She is really getting into fishing this season. The best part of the day was that she wanted to go again Monday after we got back on shore. Mom wouldn't let her and packed the kids up to go home because school started today. Olivia can't wait to go again.

When I turned my cell on Monday AM, I learned my crew hit a deer on the way there so I was on my own. Back to the south water again, hardly any boats were fishing it all weekend. :grin: I've got to make my 3 rods count. I put a rigger with a blue bubble spin doctor and fly down 100, a 1-1/2lb with a froggy spin doctor and seaweed fly out 150ft and a 150ft copper with mag moonshine smitty out all in one corner of the boat so the other corner is open for netting. I booted 2 kings early on the 150ft copper and finally land one on the froggy spin doctor. The sun comes up, I keep heading west and I swap the 150 ft copper for a 300 ft one and I put on a super slim blue dolphin with the glow tail(I don't know what it's called?) It goes 3 times and I end the day at 9:30 catching 7 fish and boxing 5. I don't fish solo often but that was a great way to end a great weekend.

A 1/2 core and a super slim fireball was great on the steelies on previous days. A chrome silver streak yellow tail on a full core was also steady earlier in the weekend when I could run more rods. A DW SS wonderbread on a full copper was good too. There is a lot of fish in PM Lake. The bank was still warm and the best fishing there was outside it from 140 to 200 ft of water and between the nets north of the point. Good luck!

Nice job on the fish Edb. Im hoping to get over there soon. I was gonna go this week but we got swamped at work so that plan got shot to hell. Now the weathers looking crappy, so i may hold off for the weekend as well. Guess ill go goose hunting again.

Oh, i think the spoon your refering to is the hot blue dolphin. Its a blue dolphin with super glow near the hook with that icesical glow crushed ice tape on it. We've done well on that spoon as well...Just picked up a few more...hope i get to use em!