31 AUG Ashtabula 4 tickets

We had a great day today. I took out my buddy John, his son Chris, and his daughter Heather. Today was Chris's 15 Birthday and his second time on Erie. We went out to the 07-52 line (thanks Workdog) and set up around 8am. Ran NNE at 2.3-2.8mph. Banged 13 walleyes pretty quick and then hit a slight dry spell. Turned to the boat south and kept picking at them. Ran back into the 06 49 and picked the rest of our fish to complete 4 tickets. Our program was all dipsy and rigger. The dipsys were all over the spectrum. Our port and starboard sides @ 3.5 settings ranged from 180-220. Insides ran @ 0 settings ranging from 125-150. Had to keep raising and lowering to keep them fish interested. Also kept changing spoons out. Hot morning colors were Nascar, confused blonde, (thanks Karrans shop) Blonde chick. Afternoon spoons were silver spoons. Rigger was set at 55' and deep as 70'. I kept turning the boat and adjusting my speed. They did like the fast turns though. Took a while but we got'em all.

When we got home and started to clean the fish, my old Mr. Twister knife died on me after 20+yrs of good service. This is a little late, so I hope it can help someone in the morning. Good luck out there and be safe.