Caught 2 eyes in area between sparkplug [middle plug] and A buoy. One was near channel 23' the other was in 17' Lots of fishing between the two. Caught one 11" perch trolling near channel. Heard someone on radio who said he kept catching big perch trolling a mile NW of the green sparkplug - which I assume was 1-2 buoys.

Heard reports of catches off east side in 7-12' but who knows. I have marked lots of fish in shallow waters lately. Must be too much baitfish available??[

Don't feel bad Schultzs, we did about the same today, 2 for 3. Worse trip this year for me. And I never marked so many fish all this year as I did today NW of the Center Spark Plug. Solid fish Big and Small, for mile after mile, all in 19 to 22 FOW and all 15 to 17 Foot down. We threw eveything at them with little results. The water was stained quit a bit and once the wind switched to the SW the weeds really became a problem. To many baitfish? I think it's something else.

IM001745.jpg

I know we've been having a little success spurt the last couple of years on the bay around Mid to late November if the weather stabilizes. But in my experience, have seen very few walleye seasons that come back or compare to (summer time) life or successes on the bay after about mid-September. Here's a picture taken on November 27th, 2006 and my share of that days catch. And I hope that happens again this year, but only time and good conditions will tell.

IM001256.jpg

But what I seen and surmized from yesterdays trip was different. And the fish's lac of interest (IMV) caused by a few more things other then Forage availability. The water for the most part was not what I'd call stained like in the old days (60's/70's) with that coffee and cream color, but a dingy gray. You can see it in the picture I posted from yesterday. And you can also see that the surface had a distinct foam on the top everywhere, similar to a after a big blow. But we've had no big blows in a while. I think the amount of heavy rains we've had recently has washed large amounts of Phosphorous from the rivers and farm lands into the bay. Now add that the weeds are now entering that stage where they start to die and decay, and that they along with the Phosphorous, is lowering the PH and oxygen values in the water column. Then throw in the big water temperature turnover we've had starting in August. And all of these things stress, squeeze, eliminate or segregate the best oxygen supplies and living conditions in the water column. Possibly the first 4 feet off bottom is the best shelter, where 99.9% of the fish I marked yesterday were at. But (IMV) this does something else as well. It gives to the fish what we as humans can only describe as a bad cold or a case of the flu. Where setting around in the lazy boy or on the couch all day doing nothing and eating nothing, is the thing that makes you feel best. That's my best guess.:grin:

Actually.....The walleye fishing reports are the same as the other fishing reports. I forwarded the link to the proper section. This way the only way I could create the new section and keep all of the reports in the same section. ;)