1st Line

I usually put out my regular (all mono) rigger rod. It is the quickest and easiest to put out.

If I'm fishing with one other I'll set out a deep dipsey while driving and the other works the riggers.

I put down my deepest rigger which is usuall the spin doctor and fly . then followed by my next three riggers. then I will set the lead core and last but not least I will run the dipseys down. The reason I run the dipseys last and the the high lines second to last, is that I want to see how the riggers are running as far as sweeping left or right if there is a current and then I can decide what I can run on board and diseys so i can avoid a mess if they decide not to track correctly due to currents and wind.:)

I loosen the drag up on my dipsy's just enough to not let them free spool but slowly let line out. While that is going I can get a rigger or two out by the time I get 150-200ft of line out on the dipsy's. This also lets me search the higher water with the dipsey's, I have hooked a fare number of fish this way.

I put the middle rigger down while my bro works on the Starboard corner. When Im done I go to the port corner rigger. By this time my bro is pumping out his wire dipsey and when im done with the third rigger I start my wire. If the day is nice and the fiah are high out go the boards with a 2 color at the board and a 10 color inside of it.

My first line out is always my down rigger with the speed & temp probe on it. That way I know for sure I have the speed correct and can tell if the water tempurature is even worth fishing. Some will say you don't need the temp probe for the spring, which I agree; but it sure is nice to know exactly how fast that lure down there is actually moving do to underwater currents and waves above. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I am with Steve. Cores go out first. I get them started and they take themselves out. I can have 2 riggers set by the time the first is out, another 2 while the 2nd goes out and in 5 minutes I have 6 rods set. I go from there depending on the day and how many guys on board it might be dipsys, drop balls, more cores, highlines, etc.

Dave

When the fish are coming deep(currently on lake.O),copper goes out first on the inlines,then riggers,then wire divers.

Increase your boat speed to 3-3.5 mph to get your outside lines set up quicker,then back it down to your usual trolling speed.

Tournament time on Lake.O,8 rods(4 guys) out in 5-6 minutes is the standard.

Downriggers, dispseys, then cores. I take WAY more fish on riggers for some reason. Occasionally I will take a fish on the other stuff but my riggers are my bread and butter...and 2# drop ball...deadly!