Well boys and girls, I'm all packed up and ready to hit the road. Heading over to Frankfort for the Benzie Frenzie this weekend. Will be fishing out of my BIL's boat, hopefully we can find some fish. Has been a long time since I have fished for salmon, not too mention this will be the first time out of Frankfort ever. Have always wanted to fish up there, but just never have. If anyone else is out there from the site give me a hollar, Husky Jerk.....Good Luck...

Sitting here at the rental unit waiting for tournament control to make a decision. Little windy up here this morning so we've been delayed. Storms to the west could be hit or miss, had a little shower come through. Hopefully in another 45 minutes we will lknow if we're fishing or not. WIll check in hopefully with a report later........

What a tough weekend. The weather was not what we wanted. Hard south blow on Saturday, and Sunday it turned from the north, and screwed things right up. We netted 7 saturday night, 5 kings and 2 nice steelhead. Sunday all we could find was 4 kings. Worked an area north of the harbor on Sat. night and caught all of our fish in that general area. Went deep for the steel, 2 color lead, blackjack spoon is what they wanted. One of the steel put on quite a show. Back to the same spot on sunday deep looking for the steel, they had moved. I don't think we were the only ones that couldn't get it going on sunday, that's fishing......

We pulled 8 kings on thu night in an hour, then friday we were boxed on kings by 8 am and went offshore for chrome and found it! We were done by 11. Sat we fished after the tourny got cancelled and did ok going 4 for 6, granted it was 8 ft seas. Sunday they had lockjaw and all we could get was 3 kings. Went offshore to find nothing but solid 6 ft seas. Thats fishing!!! Other than sunday had a blast!

Hey Eric, I'll be in Ann Arbor working all week, when you want to meet up and make good on that side bet??????:tongue1: The weather was the one variable that really messed up everything, not to mention those boat issues first thing Sunday morning. But we got it going and pressed on. We caught an 18 # king just north of the harbor on the way in, biggest king in our boat for the weekend.

We also slayed them prefishing and then Sunday comes along and the fish were gone. They must have been south because all the boats I talked to that struggled went north. We ended up with 3 kings and 2 steelies for a whopping 19.4 lbs of fish. Oh well, at least I won one of the stainless steel props they gave away.

oh yeah...anyone want to buy a stainless stel prop lol.