Northpoint 5-19-06 & 5-20-06 SU IL Tournament

5-19-06 Took a friend out for an afternoon trip and found the fishing a little slow. We decided to setup in 80 fow and trolled se. We worked out to about 150 finding a fish here and there. We wound up going 7 for 7. An 11in. chrome prochip pulling a holo hypnotist trophy took 3 of the fish. Every trip out this year this has been our best rod. We have been running it as our deepest rigger usually down at least 100 feet. A purple people eater spoon also took 2 fish. We wound up with 3 coho 2 lakers and 2 kings.

5-20-06 Fished The SU Tournament with my son and a buddy. We headed se out of the harbor and sat down in 130 to set lines. We started trolling s to se and began catching coho riht away. We wound up trolling almost to the south reef and had 13 of our 15 fish with no big ones. Again our best setup was the 11in. prochip taking 4 fish including 2 kings and 2 lakers. No other setup took more than 2 fish. We did catch 2 coho on a #3 silver bullet j-plug on a half core. A fishlander sister sledge also took 2 coho. Various flasher & dodger flies took the rest of the coho. I do not know how we placed in the tournament but I woulg guess middle of the pack. Again a well run tournament with a great bunch of guys.

Matt