Flashers off the ball.

I have had no luck at all this year running spinner/flys of the ball this year. Most of the time I keep the lead in the 10' range. Is that pretty typical?

If I run them on my out riggers (the higher rigger) they tend to tangle with the cable on the inside rigger. We have had great luck running them off the divers.

Where do most of you that run them in your spread run them?

Thanks,

Ken.

Ken,

Do not be afraid to stretch your flasher fly 50 or more feet from the ball. Just be carefull what else is in the area. This weekend a rigger 101 feet down with a white flasher ghost pulse fly stretched back 50 to 60 feet was our top rig. When it was stretched back 15 feet it did not take a sniff.

Matt

I mostly run them off the divers, but times I have had great success running them on the deep rigger. This past weekend the deep rigger with a white/green SD and a Holy Glow Yogurt Fly took 4 of our 12 fish. I do run the flasher back 15 -30 feet or if it is near other rigs I will run it back farther.

Tight Lines.

Well I run them 50 to a hundred back and on SWR setups a lot off the balls and I run my side riggers deepest they seem to cause less problem when they are below the rear balls. and I can run longer leads off all of them that way. As a rule my deepest rod will always be on my starboard side rigger. But that may be just the way my riggers are setup as my side riggers are too far forward but at least I can put my full canvas up without having to remove any of my gear which was my goal when I set it up. It does not fish as well as I thought as you have to think when setting lines but once set correctly it is ok. But put them down wrong and you are in for trouble I will probably change things around this winter when I have more time to think it over. I have to get new rod holders for my dipsey's and board rods this winter anyhow so will be a good time to reconfigure the rest.

Tight Lines

Jim

Nailer

A word of caution when running flasher flys that far back on the rigger. Only run one and run it deep. If you have more then one that far back and dont have it deep you will end up with a heck of a mess, especiall on turns. Remember the further you run those back the more rotation you will have. It does work. You have to be diligent especially in a boat like mine that is only 8'wide.

Silver one has a real good point... I got a little ambitous couple week back when Flasher / Fly's lite up for me, and I ended up loose 3 of them... includeing one whole rig with a dipsey diver... So yeah watch your spread, envision in your head where things are running and how close they are lilkley coming... it'll save you some $$...

As other have said, big white paddle with a white / no see-um fly has been real hot last few trips on my deep rigger.