What do you think?

My name is Bruce Gradisher. I was born and raised in Muskegon and caught my first Salmon with my Uncle Joe over 30 years ago fishing in Lake Michigan.

I reside in Washington State and am currently the Vice President of the Tri-Cities Washington Chapter of the Coastal Conservation Association. We have issues such as Commercial netters being allowed to set nets in the Columbia River. We have other issues such as Northen Pike Minnows who eat the smolt as they return to the Ocean. We are starting to see non native fish in our Lakes and Rivers which will present a problem for years to come. Habitat issues and laws that allow the overharvest of our fish by foreign countries that target one species and catch more then a half million salmon and are then allowed to keep them as by catch by paying a small fine.

I will be visiting the Muskegon Area from the 5-19th of September. If you are interested I would be willing to talk and answer questions not as a spokes person for the CCA but maybe help to show you how the CCA may be able to perserve your great fishery. You let me know if that is something you might want and find a place we can meet....