Muskegon 8/15 am and ANGRY

I consider myself a pure gentleman, always go out of my way to be curteous on the water, use good language when reporting but today I got p'd off. I had a fish on in the arms and got ran over by two charter boats, the first ran my line over while fighting a very nice fish, when it was caught in their line another went right between us and broke us off. I didn't say a word to them, just went about my business. We had two young boys with us under 6 years of age, people in the channel yelling obscene things back and forth and the radio F bombs got out of hand. Why does fishing got to get like this, isn't fishing suppose to be somehting you do to destress and hangout, introduce kids to nature etc.

Thanks for listening I feel much better, we ended up 3-4 on the day.

Marv

Well the last time that happened to me the boat that did it was done fishing for the day. I put my bow anchor down and stayed on his stern the rest of the morning every time he put down lines I ran them over. But I am not politically correct so I stay out of fray as throwing 8oz sinkers at other boats is not a good idea either. Any how I prefer to stay out of jail as I get older so I don't fish in the stupid pack anymore.

Tight Lines

Jim

I am putting the battle armor on the boat for Sunday. It doesnt work when 150 boats are working the same 200yds of water. We need some warm water to spread things back out.

I hear ya there, this cold water sure has the fish in a narrow band of water.

thant right there is why i refuse to fish in that mess in front of the river mouths ,

all you have to do is get away from the pack and run your normal spread and you will do as good with out as many id!!ts, just look at my report from last weekend out of muskegon , plumcrazy and my self did not get within 300 yds of any one,the entrire morning

Out of Muskegon this morn drove right on thru the mess up front headed north was 6 for 7 by 8 am and headed for the dock. Never had a boat close to me all morn and had a blast. I am not gonna fish the pack until I get permission to sink the jerks. Fish are everywhere but the minute someone gets one inside they all think the run is on and pile in. Just like on the river the guys who can't fish just all stay in the same place cause someone caught a fish there.

Tight Lines

Jim

thant right there is why i refuse to fish in that mess in front of the river mouths ,

all you have to do is get away from the pack and run your normal spread and you will do as good with out as many id!!ts, just look at my report from last weekend out of muskegon , plumcrazy and my self did not get within 300 yds of any one,the entrire morning

I agree. I will not fish that mess. It's not worth my time to inhibit my enjoyment with that. I typically fish South Haven where it does not get deep very quickly. That has it's draw backs in fuel during the early season bite, but this time of year the madness that comes from ports like Muskegon doesn't happen.

I went out last night avoided the crowd and still lost 2 rigs to idiots who troll right across my spread even while i was away from the crowds NOT COOL! WHEN I'M AWAY FROM THE CROWD WHY DO PEOPLE DRIVE THERE BOATS SO CLOSE! I WENT HOME ANGRY!AND EMPTY HANDED. PLEASE PEOPLE SHOW COURTESY!