hottest new bait for 08

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
im eating a little crow here..but im gonna have to say...blue machine from michigan stinger..im really starting to convert to stinger...just wish they were a little tougher...bent a lot...but some say thats good:)

go dreamweaver dont really have to bend them

Everything worked well this year including that Stinger Killer Dolphin Mike pictured. But I would have to say that every time I ran the Dreamweaver Modified Blue Dolphin it took something. Both are beat up pretty bad and I believe sometimes that does help....

for us all spoons worked will with ss bloody nose on full core being a very hot set up. Stingers caught alot of fish however D/W blue dolphin and along with the bloody nose caught fish every trip out. For the after and before dark bite the stinger nitro's were the hot ticket as time of day made some spoons work better then others. Run them long enought and find a big school of fish and they will all work. Also have a 25 year old Northport nailer green with orange and chartruse tape that we run on a slider rig that produced and has produced alot of fish this season and past.:D

Everything worked well this year including that Stinger Killer Dolphin Mike pictured. But I would have to say that every time I ran the Dreamweaver Modified Blue Dolphin it took something. Both are beat up pretty bad and I believe sometimes that does help....

i hav also done well with that lure...i believe i got it in the dreamweaver tourney package

My best spoon this year by far was the Nitro Area 51. It took fish at various levels throughout the season. Another favorite was the stinger killer that looked a lot like Mikes killer dolphin but was blue and yellow. I haven't found the name of it. It was one given out at the Stinger tournament.

Another favorite was the stinger killer that looked a lot like Mikes killer dolphin but was blue and yellow. I haven't found the name of it. It was one given out at the Stinger tournament.

That was a prototype spoon I had made just for the Stinger Challenge. I am not sure if it will go into production. If it goes into production it may be called Killer Blue Dolphin.

• 1 month later...
It will vary with each lake.

Lake.O was very inconsistent for us this season,with lake temps all over the place.

Never really developed a hot combo,as it changed frequently week after week. :beta:

gotta agree with Skein

early June & mid-late August sucked

even though i was not out much this past season, the Chrome Green Dolphin Spin Doctor was a good producer for me as far as "new" baits go

sat006.jpg

• 3 months later...

My killer spoon of 2008 was the NK Sea Sick Waddler. Helped us cash top ten at the Niagara Pro-Am and also took a 30lb fish in the Fall LOC. DW has a Spinny in this pattern for this year and Im sure ATOMIK is making a fly to go with it. I had a prototype of one outing last year and it took a fish.

100_0632.jpg

img060.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

ice man,

i'm new to the site and saw your post and thought i'd share. last year first week of august the water was flipped and i bought a spoon off of capt. chucks hot board that took 10 of 12 on our last day. it was a yeck magnum smooth silver spoon with glow tape on the left side. sorry i don't know the name and i can't find it in the yeck catalog. i have just sent yeck a e-mail if i hear back i'll let you know./ i only had one and wish i would of had 10. it was hotter than hot. it absolutly made our trip

later

todd

• 5 weeks later...

I´m going to try out Sebilé Onduspoon when we start fishing for Atlantic salmon next month, it´s made of plastic and have 5 rattle chambers with 3 rattleballs in each.

Mainly made for pike fishing, but I got to try something different and this caught my attention.

Anyone tried it as trolling lure?

http://www.basstackledepot.com/sebile-onduspoon.aspx