2 tablespoons salt

2 tablespoons garlic powder

1 tablespoon black pepper

1 tablespoon onion powder

1 tablespoon cayenne pepper

1 tablespoon dried oregano

1 tablespoon dried thyme

Combine all ingredients thoroughly.

Put aluminum foil on grill and coat with olive oil. Put salmon on foil and sprinkle bayou blast seasoning. Cook for 5-7 minutes and flip. Sprinkle bayou blast seasoning on second side. Cook for another 5-7 minutes, or until done.

• 1 year later...
When you grill, do you leave skin on or remove? I usually bake and leave skin on until it's time to serve.

I always remove the skin. Underneath the skin is a small layer of brown fatty material. I remove this brown material also. This brown fatty layer is what gives fish a strong undesireable taste.

A little extra time prepping your catch goes a long way at the dinner table. ;)

removing the skin...now that depends, for whitefish ( i catch dem through the ice on the bay) i leave the skin on and eat it, for salmon, if it is a small coho, i'll eat it, a big king i remove it before cooking, that fat is where the PCB and Mercry are hiding. the older the fish the more toxins accumlate, so if you are worried about the fish eating advisories, don't eat the skin and dark fat.

i like the dark fat (blood line?) on smaller fish and whitefish, this isn't the cholestral laddened fat of beef, it is much better for you and taste yummy in my opinion, then again i leave the head on large fish and purposely cook it for the cheeks and collars