Muskegon 8/3 - 12 for 16+

WOW.....the fishing has been RED HOT out of Muskegon lately.

I made it up to the boat last night and prepped the boat for an early departure. I spent 20 minutes sharpening hooks to "improve" my hook up to landing ratio. Unfortunately, some of the fish did not want to come to the boat. Do you think they new they were destined for the dinner table? :D

We left the dock at 5 am with a full Stinger NITRO spread. We shut down in 50FOW and headed West. While I was still in the process of setting the rods, a wire diver on #3 with 90' of line out, with a Protroll prochip8 blue bubble flasher, with a Siggs Rigs Aqua Blue Glow pulse fly starts hammering in the rod holder. Eric grabbed this rod and the fight was on. After peeling off many yards of line and fighting it back to 90' it came unbuttoned.

Our riggers started to fire after this. We caught several fish on riggers set at 40' and 55' with Stinger NITRO's, Green Fireball, Nitro Citrus, Snowsnake, Twister, Area 51, Napalm, and Electric Blueberry.

We picked up a couple of fish on full and half cores with the a couple of the above mentioned Nitros.

We landed a couple of fish on a Protroll prochip8 Purple Bubble flasher with a Siggs Rigs Purple Hypnotist fly. We also caught and lost a couple more fish on the Blue Bubble/Aqua Blue Glow pulse fly combo.

siggsrigs.jpg

Things got cold for us after 8:30am. Our last fish came at 10:30am on a Stingray size Freakin Blue Veggies.

We worked 60-90FOW. The down temp was 50 degrees at 50' down. We caught fish in every direction we trolled. The speed and temp probe takes a lot of guess work out it.

Here is our catch.

chinook_973182.jpg

There sure was a LOT of boats out there this morning. This is the most boats I have seen at one time all year. I bet there was 150+ boats out. :eek:

great job way to many idiots out there today had 2 differant boats completely circle me just out of sinker throwing range. Kept hearing someone complaining that he was running double cores in the pack and wanting more room. Was in the pack just south in 80 fow looked around and nearly every boat was going in a differant direction what a mess headed west and left them to run each other's lines over.

Tight Lines

Jim

Nice work GLF! Looks like a great day, thanks for the report. Dumb boaters come with the territory. 1Maniac I like your moves of cutting bait and getting the heck out of there, much less of a headache with no one around...