Muskegon 7/30 PM Trip - 9 for15(16)

I just got back from Muskegon. After the the fun we had yesterday morning, I had to go back for more!

My son Hunter and I fished with Roy, Brett, and Angie.

We ended up 9 for 15 or 16. All the fish we boated were kings, most in the 12-15lb range. All of the fish came from 65-80FOW.

We got lines set around 7pm. The water has been warming up. The down temp was 48 degrees down 50' in 80FOW. Tuesday morning it was 44.8 at 42' down. It took a while for us to get our first bite. This was a steelhead and he came unbuttoned after a few jumps. This was on a lime green scaley j-plug on a rigger set at 40'. We watched him jump about 6 more times after he was gone. I think he was telling us we were #1! :eek:

Our next hit came on a Stingray size green dolphin on a slider, on the other rigger set at 50'. He made a couple of jumps at the back of the boat, charged and dove under the back of the boat. We lost him in the lower unit. Note to self....Check the starboard prop for possible fishing line. :rolleyes:

Things got exciting from here, and I do not remember all the details. I do remember we had a double and a quad. We were fighting 3 fish when a wire diver started pounding in the rod holder. By the time we got a couple of the fish in, there was nothing on the wire diver.

What worked for us. I think we had 4 rips on wire divers. These were set on 3 with 120' out on one side, and 150' out on the other. One had an 11" Protroll double pearl hotchip 11 with a Siggs Rigs Powder Hypnotist trophy fly and the other was a Protroll prochip8 blue bubble flasher with a Blue Mirage trophy fly(This set up went 3 times at 120'.

We boated fish or lost fish on Michigan Stingers, stingray size blue dolphin, glow dolphin, dirty white boy, green dolphin, NBK, and Craigs x-mas. The following NITROS also caught fish or went. Green fireball, napalm, snowsnake, electric blueberry, and area 51.

You should have seen my son Hunter trying to reel in a 15lb king on a wire diver. I had put the rod in the corner rod holding and it was hammering away, and screaming as the king ripped off line. He got it most of the way in, before he gave up on it. I finished it off for him. I'm proud of my little fishing partner!

We pulled lines at 10:30pm and headed in.

Going out tonight will try similar program planning on setting lines at 90 ft about 7:30 and heading sw

tight lines

jim

68-75FOW and dusk was the magic spot for us. ;) That was yesterday, and today may be different. It all depends on the break.

I did hear boats saying they were getting some in 50FOW.