get rid of some gas in the boat today.:rolleyes:...So, we decided to try a new location, but in similar waters to where we fished yesterday. We caught one fish in four passes along a stretch of shore line and that was it.. So, just as we're gonna head up to the north to yesterdays stomping grounds my Uncle calls and said someone he knows was doing good on the other side of the channel. So, ah what the heck, we'll go try it. So, away we go, about an 8 1/2 mile run. We get over there and it looked like the Spanish Armada had arrived. Man there were allot of boats!:no:...So, we get to the outside of everyone and set up. It wasnt long and more boats came and we were engulfed. So we're trolling along, not marking much at all when i finally caught one about 15 1/2". Theres not much meat on those, so we tossed him back in. Just after i reset my outside line my inside board just burries. It pulled it right under water. I grab the rod and theres just a heavy weight on there. No irratic jerks like sheephead, or that thumping cats do, just a nice heavy pull. I thought i had a nice walleye. Anyways, im fighting the fish and it pulls the board under and starts heading to the opposite side of the boat. Next thing i know, my board pops up about 5' in front of my Dads board. Finally i get the board to the boat and unhooked and begin bringing the fish in the rest of the way. All of a sudden i see my inline weight, then my harness....and to my harness is a fishing line. I get the line to the boat and get a hold of it. I tell Dad, man theres something big on here. So i begin hand over handing it. Finally i see an inline weight, then i see a big brown body with a chart. crawler harness burried in it...It was a carp that someone had snagged just behind the gills. Just as i get it about 20' from the boat the line breaks.:rolleyes: Keep in mind the fish is high in the water column, but way out to the starboard side now. So, its gone...or so we thought...Next thing i know, my Dads inside board burries...Im like no way, we got that carp again! And sure enough we did. The remaining line some how managed to get hooked in his harness.:lol: After a pretty good tussel...again....we finally got the beast in the boat.:lol:...Whats the chances of hooking a fish on one side, losing it and getting it on the other...Just unbelievelable. I snapped a couple quick photos, removed his jewlry and sent him on his way.;)

After that phiasco we boated another eye and things slowed right down and the wind picked way up.:rolleyes: So, i give my buddy Gary a call. I said Gary, how you doing? He said, ive been set up 10 minutes and got three....Im like where you at?...He says, where you should be....Remember where you told me to go?...So, away we go...10 miles later i set down and Gary hadnt boated another fish.:eek: Never the less we set up and began our troll. We didnt got far and started popping fish. We ended up making two passes and boating a dozen fish and losing four more. It was pretty good, shoulda wen there to start with!

Anyhoo, we ran the same program as yesterday, Chart/orange pygmies 20-30' back. For the day we boated 15 walleye before we kept the 10 we wanted and called it a day....My buddy Gary was getting a few on tots in there, but the action quickly die on them for some reason. Once i clued him in on what i was doing he switched over and beat the pants off em using Inline weights and harnesses.:cool: And not only did he get his walleye, he aslo hooked not one, but two steelhead...at the same time! He landed one of the two which, at my estimation was probably a good 7-8# steelie....Pretty cool bonus fish.:cool:

I forgot the camera on the boat, so youll have to wait for the pic of the carp. Didnt take any pics of our walleyes today. By the time we were finished with them the wind had kicked up pretty good, so we just got our stuff in and hit the trail, although we did stop and look at Gary's steelie...shoulda got a pic of that before we ran in! I didnt even think of it at the time. Hopefully he took a pic. If so, i have him email me and ill get it up for you all to see.

That would only happen with a Carp.:lol: Makes for a good story though.:) The cooler temps in June and this month have kept the fish right where we want them. Remember 2 years ago when the inner bay was near boiling??:lol: Gotta Luv the Sag Bay.